All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 130
Host ID: 15291
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 8, 2016
* 4 hours to Brisbane. If you don't have transport, Crisp Bus services from Brisbane Roma Street to Inglewood (45km one way from us) every day except Saturdays. Visit www.railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=866 for a timetable.
* The property is 98% natural bushland, which is used to provide peace and tranquility for us, bushwalking and bird watching as well as building materials and food and shelter for the native animals.
* Mobile phone and internet coverage is limited due to nature of terrain - need to go to nearby cleared hill.
During your 2-5 day stay, we need help with:
* Developing aquaponics, orchard (bamboo, citrus and stone fruits), poultry houses and run construction, herbs (lavender), native plants.
* Building: mud brick, cob and earth-bag accommodation, chicken houses, fences.
* Sawmilling: to provide timber for our projects.
* Gardening: weeding, planting, fertilising, pruning, installing drip lines, mowing, whipper snipper.
In return we provide:
* Help with your English (well, the Australian version). We have a smattering of German, and Spanish.
* Power: all on solar power with diesel generator backup. Please note, we do not allow hair dryers, electric heaters, electric kettles, air conditioners, irons or other large power consumption devices EXCEPT when the generator is on.
* Accommodation: caravan sleeps one couple. Plenty of bush camping sites near dams for tents and self-contained caravans/camper vans.
* Meals - mostly vegetarian, Asian, Indian, Moroccan, we cook together. BYO alcohol.
* Workshop: welder, tools and power tools.
* Lots of wildlife: wallabies, kangaroos, emus, birds. Bring sturdy footwear for walking.
* Close to good fishing for Murray Cod, yellow belly etc.
* Peace and tranquility, daily time for meditation and spiritual processes.
* We work around 4-6 hours per day depending on what has to be done, early starts in hot weather to allow for swimming time, late starts in cool/cold weather.