All Year: Yes
Host ID: 15454
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: October 10, 2017
*** PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS PROFILE ***
***** I have looked at a lot of helpx profiles and I know that we are offering helpx so much more than many other hosts, so it is really important that you are NOT lazy, child abuser, or racist. My family is not perfect, but we try really hard to make our helpx feel comfortable. ****
We are looking for a female aupair to take care of our kids (son is 10 years and daughter is 7 years).
You must be:
- willing to clean the house, time conscious and understanding - someone that will fit into our home setting.
- flexible and is willing to help out.
- willing to treat our home and family like yours.
You must not be a smoker and we will prefer someone who is not vegetarian or fussy with food because in the past it has been difficult cooking food for people with multiple dietary requirements.
Ideally our home is for someone that:
- truly enjoys spending time with children
- enjoys spending time at parks
- reading or doing creative work
- wants to learn from home (i.e. taking online courses)
- wants to improve his or her English, because you will have a lot of time and support for that.
In return, you will have a very lovely home to stay, enough food to eat, and time to visit the city. In our home, there is internet access so you can connect your laptop and other mobile devices. Our home is about 7 minutes drive to Westminster, central London.
What will your routine look like? You will need to:
- Get the children ready for school between 7.30 am and 8.30 am
- Drop the kids at school at 8.45 (school is 5 minutes from home)
- Protect the children on the way to school. (I say this because we have had people who just left my kids unguarded on the road. You must at least have common sense to take care of kids on the road)
- From 9am - you have free time till 3.15 pm (so you have 7 hours during which you can learn, go out, go for jogs etc)
- 3.15 pm, you will pick up the kids and manage a few tasks varying from helping them with their home work, serving them snacks, supervising them, and taking them to the park etc.
- At 6pm, you will prepare them dinner if we are not around or very busy (sometimes, we prepare their food in advance so you may just need to warm it up). If we are around as well, we will cook together.
- At 7.30pm, you will bathe our daughter (our son bathes himself) and put them to bed.
Apart from your free time every week day, you will have have two evenings (in the week, after the kids have gone to bed) and two full weekends free every month, so if you want to visit more places and meet with friends, you can during that time. You can also travel during your free weekends.
Finally, you must wash the dishes and work with us to keep the house tidy. The kids get the house messy most times, and we all work together to keep it tidy.
We usually cook together. If you are a good cook, we will like to enjoy your meals, but if you can't cook, you will help with us with preparation such as chopping, etc. With regards to food, we want someone that can at least cook some simple foods for himself or herself because we have had people in the past that could not cook ANYTHING and they could not take care of them self while we were not around, so it almost felt like we were having new children with ours. During your weekends off, you don't have to cook with us since you may want to have dinner out, but if you decide to stay home during your time off, we will still cook together.
Although everyone can apply, we prefer those that can provide references and those that can commit to stay for a few months.
If you need more information or have questions, then please ask.