All Year: Mar-15Jul, 28Aug-Nov 2018
Area (ha): 2
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 19912
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 19, 2018
!!! Please read this profile till the last sentence - not only the pictures count - there is a password question in it !!!
We (age 48&51) live on an old farmstay in the area of the Niederrhein in the west of Germany with our two Children (14+16 years old). If you look up our website - it is in german but you get the idea - you will find many pictures of our activities.
Why helpx? As we have animals and plants to care for, we do not have often the opportunity to travel. But we are interestet in the world, different countries and people. We like to have people here from all over the world and like the exchange with them. We had helpers from 19 to 78 years old - there is experience and work for everybody who is openminded, willing to learn or teach us new things and abilities. We like to talk to you and hear from your homecountry!
We have a vegetable garden, a fruit garden with 20 fruit trees, approx 25 chicken and 14 sheep for our own "use". Additionally we offer seminars and courses in wool spinning, bread baking, basket weaving and other old handicrafts which are particularly close to our hearts.
As our historic farmhouse has been neglected for 3 generations, we have a lot of renovation work!
We like to have guests and need help in the green, with renovation and reworking things!!
Plans and tasks for 2017:
- we need help in the vegetable-garden
- building a studio for our Musicians on the old hayloft
- improving Helper Area + Seminar Room
- repairing/building new Fences
- water + electrical wiring
- roof repair
- laying stones outside
- in autum the fruit harvest and lots of work in kitchen freezing and canning the fruits.
- Taking care for our new "Urban Gardening" Project - we rent out prepare vegetable Gardens for a season.
Additionally we would be very happy about a carpenter or other woodworker, who could help us to fix the roof timbering of the historic barn and stables. They are worth to be saved!
We expect a minimum of 4-5 hours a day help - a lot of work we do ourselves but which works better by two or more people... and a minimum stay here of two or better more weeks. Exceptions are made.
You will have your private room and a shared bathroom - and we have the meals together! We love to cook with seasonal vegetables and regional meat. And we love to enjoy meals from your homecountry cooked by you!
The journey to us:
The trainstation KERKEN-NIEUKERK to Duesseldorf/Kleve is 2km away, Venlo (NL) 16km, Krefeld 20km, Duisburg 30km. Twenty Minutes by car to the Airports DUS (Duesseldorf) or NRN (Weeze).
Wireless-Internet , Computer and Bikes (ten minutes to the village/shops/supermarkets) are available.
See you soon?!?
Please read and ACT accordingly:
- Please suggest a date and a duration for your stay in your first Email !
- Check that your profile/email says something about you and what is your motivation to be a helper !
- Do you have specialties in nutrition (vegan, vegetarian, no nuts...), allergies, religion or whatever ?
(Vegans: We live with our animals, we also eat them sometimes. Our Livestyle is not compatible with Vegans who cannot even pet an animal (dog, cat, horse))
- Read the text behind the second link (WEB2) in our profile and write the name of our dog as the passwort in your Email !
- We are not taking over your mothers responsibilities.
- We expect helpers to help us.
- We do not offer free mental therapy. We are not a hostel.
- Contrary to the last sentences, many former helpers came back on free will a few times...
- We dont like helper to recycle friends Helpx-Accounts ! Helpx does a good job and is worth the money !