All Year: May 15 - September 15
Host ID: 20132
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 14, 2016
We are a family with 15 and 13 years old kids. We like socialising, picnics, cinema, cycling, traveling, scouting, photography, piano, swimming, camping, reading, oneness/Sufism.
1 female volunteer for teaching English to kids and light household.
- The day starts by waking up at 8.30 am. The volunteer prepares the breakfast.
- Then she teaches English to the kids for 3 hours. On holidays, I join the classes to help.
- Then 1 or 2 hours together with the mother for daily house routines. Aupair can choose what she wants to do and she is requested for half of the work. Help for the meals is by either cooking or the other kitchen duties.
- Then it is free time other then having occasional contacts with kids to make them speak in English.
- Monday is off-day.
- Kids are mature and well-behaved. They are accustomed to guests as we have been hosting for 10 years. Their English is fine to communicate.
- The dates are ANY period between June 1 and September 20 for 2015 and 2016.
Accomodation, food and other expenses within the family will be covered by us.
What else ...
We live in a big, green garden consisting of 80 families that know each other from work (company houses). It is in the centre of the city. Konya is the fifth biggest city of Turkey containing 1,5 million people. Turkish cuisine is rich as a result of cultural mixture of thousands years and natural wealth. We hosted volunteers from Australia, USA, Holland, New Zealand; couchsurfers from UK, Denmark, Germany, Italy; aupairs from Slovakia, Morroco, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Holland, Poland, Spain.
The places to be seen in Konya:
Rumi's tomb and Sema Dance
Alaeddin Mosque, Iplikci Mosque, Serafeddin Mosque
(all are close to each other, so one day is enough)
Catalhoyuk in Konya
Cappadocia and Ihlara Valley in Nevsehir
Tinaztepe Caves in Seydisehir
Beysehir Lake in Beysehir