All Year: No
Area (ha): 0.04
Persons: 1 or 2 or maybe 3
Host ID: 22031
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 22, 2018
We are Caro (35) and Ed (42), a couple living with our child, Mo (born March 2014), our handsome cat Captain Springs and our chicken Heihei Ferichito.
We moved from Auckland to Dunedin earlier this year. Our new home is in beautiful Carey's Bay, a short walk from Port Chalmers, which is a lovely historic village with attractive shops and cafes. We are continually impressed by our view of Otago harbour and the peninsula, and enjoy watching the ships and boats passing by. The Historic Carey's Bay Pub is just a five minute walk around the bay, and an ever-changing array of craft beers is available at the cosy Portsider pub in Port Chalmers. From Carey's Bay you can drive for ten minutes to Aramoana and walk out along the spit to see the fur seals and other wildlife. The beaches over the hills behind us toward Waitati are absolutely magnificent. Our house is warm and cosy and just a 15 minute drive from Central Dunedin. There is also regular bus service into Dunedin for venturing out :-)
We could use some help dismantling an old chicken house on our property and/or building a new chicken house. We would like to host TWO helpers traveling together from around 1 July.
We choose helpers who sound friendly and fun! So please describe a bit about yourself so we can tell if you would fit in with our personalities :-)
See our profile info and additional references on couchsurfing via our website link above. We really love sharing our home with travellers and making friends over meals, drinks, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: When you contact us, please describe specifically how you fit what we are looking for. We may not reply to generic copy+paste requests. COMPLETE your helpx profile before you contact us. Include details about your personality, skills and strengths - if you have no references, write about what you have worked hard on in your life. What is it that makes you a good worker? Please don't just say 'this is my first helpx' - that's not helpful! Please give us a link to your couchsurfing profile/facebook/blog/website if you have one.
We are also keen to host helpers who have some or all of these qualities:
- able to cook meals for everyone to share
- happy to help with little jobs like washing dishes, vacuuming etc
- happy to supervise and play alongside our child
- over 25 - we enjoy meeting people closer to our ages
- happy to get up out of bed before 9am most days - Y.O.L.O!
- accommodation for 2 people - a comfortable queen-size bed in a private room.
- food: we appreciate helpers who have a 'give-and-take' approach to food, sharing etc. - you share with us, we share with you.
- We eat mostly vegan food. We are also plastic-free as much as possible and would urge you to respect this by trying not to buy food items that are packed in single-use plastic as this contributes to our household waste.
- free unlimited wifi internet
- great company and good times ;-)
We are family-friendly, queer-friendly, anti-racism, socially progressive, and Eco-friendly :-)
Work hours vary but you can expect to work 4 hours maximum per day, for 4 days maximum per week.
We prefer NON-SMOKERS. If you are a smoker, please tell us how frequently you smoke, so we know what to expect :-)