All Year: Yes
Persons: 1-4, female / family
Host ID: 24325
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 20, 2018
We are looking for
JULY 2018: someone with good maths and (Austrian) accounting skills
AUGUST 2018: female native Spanish speaker
ALL OTHER MONTHS (before and after summer):
* ENGLISH-NATIVE-Speakers (no teaching needed)
* SPANISH-NATIVE-Speakers (only from August and afterwards)
* someone with very good LATIN knowledge
* someone with professional ACROBATIC, DANCING or ATHLETIC skills (language is not important)
* someone with professional COMPUTER skills (language is not important)
* someone with professional MARTIAL ART / SELF-DEFENCE skills (language is not important)
We have already had many people living with us: au-pairs, couchsurfers, volunteers. It has always been a great experience for us to bring the world into our house. We learn so many new aspects and the children get very open-minded.
Please feel free and read the lines below. We'd be happy to get a helpX-request from you.
ABOUT OUR FAMILY
We are a bilingual (German, English) family of 4. All conversation is bilingual.
Our kids were born in 2002 and 2003.(At the moment our son is spending half a year abroad.)
We are all very busy, so please don't expect us to spend much time together.
If there is still time left we like enjoying our garden, cycling or going to the theatre.
We are looking for women / families (during holidays teenagers born between about 2001 and 2003 are welcome, too) who would like to spend some time in a green area of Vienna (metro close by, 20 minutes to the city center) and offer their help. In return we offer free accomodation and food.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
(Make sure, you can identify really well.)
1) You are VERY independent and no stranger to travelling, love to explore the area by yourself and make new friends,
because we are a very busy family and cannot spend much time with you - that is the reason, why we need your help.
2) You don't need meat: food is vegan. Be aware of the fact, that vegan food is very different from what you might know. You are either experienced with vegan meals or you must be open to completely different cooking. Austrian food is gererally completely different from German, Italian, French or English cuisine, because it is very much influenced by (south)eastern European countries such as Hungary, Serbia ... We buy seasonal food or eat whatever grows in the garden, so please don't expect Spanish strawberries in March or oranges in July. In summer it might happen that you eat the same vegetables from the garden for a few days, in winter you should be fine with traditional winter vegetables such as cabbage ...
3) You are a non-smoker (no smoking outside neither) and don't take illegal drugs
4) You get up early and enjoy Vienna in the morning,
because your job has sometimes to be done in the afternoon (with children), but also at weekends. You get off at least two, sometimes three days per week.
5) You want to support the family and can see where work has to be done (without being told), such as emptying the dish-washer, cleaning the dining table and the kitchen surfaces and sink; you don't just wait for a list. You work quickly and efficiently, do not waste like half a day on just little duties
6) You would like to stay at least for 3 weeks, the longer the better.
7) You don't hang out half or all night in bars and pubs, but adapt to the family's rhythm and usually return by 10pm. The kids go to bed at 8.30, we parents at 10 pm because we all have to get up at 6am and leave the house by 7. In Vienna days start and end earlier than in most countries.
8) You keep your room and all areas in the house clean and tidy.
9) We have got a garden, so you have to be able to cope with nature, like spiders or grasshoppers in the house or slugs and ants in the garden.
If you can agree with all these aspects, then you are the person we are looking for :)
HOW DOES YOUR JOB LOOK LIKE?
- about 18 hrs. per week
- household duties: cleaning (also bathrooms), hanging up laundry, ironing, preparing vegetables ... (the advantage of this is that you are slightly flexible with your working hours)
- if you are a French or Spanish native speaker or are a computer expert or very good at sport activities that our children like: less household duties, but also a few hours with the children
- working in the garden
- anything you are good at :) Just tell us.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- free accomodation (a room, shower and toilet for your own), in a house with a garden and a small pool
- food: Food is meat-free. Be aware that there won't be a cooked meal every day. But you are welcome to cook for yourself. Just help yourself with all the food from the fridge or cupboards.
- flexibility with working time: if you decide to work a lot on a few days, you can take 3 days off per week. We can arrange that according to the kid's schedules, but have to know your plans in advance.
STUDYING FOR FREE:
If you already know some German then it is possible to study for free at Vienna University. You could stay with us for a longer period. It is necessary to either have the EU citizenship or have done at least one year at university in your home-country (in this case it might take up to 6 months until you are accepted). Be aware that all Bachelor Studies are in German! You need very good language skills before you enter university.
I am sorry, but we can only accept you if you have a valid health insurance that covers Austria.
- if you would like to stay for a longer period:
If you haven't got a European passport: Be aware that it is very difficult to stay in the European Union for longer than 3 months. As soon as you have arrived you will have to register at the authorities in Vienna. If your status is unclear (no valid visa), you unfortunately can't stay with us.
Please don't hesitate and ask all the questions you have. It is important to know all aspects in advance - for both sides.
We are looking forward to your request and to meeting you soon.