All Year: Yes
Persons: 1 or 2
Host ID: 25100
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 5, 2018
Hello Helpers / Travelers:
My name is Lorna. I have traveled extensively and welcome the opportunity to share my home with like minded travelers.
During my travels , the best part was meeting "locals", who know the area.
As I've lived in downtown Toronto most of my life, I can suggest local "hot spots", where to get the best deals, shopping / excursions, directions and more...
Feel "at home" while visiting TORONTO on a budget. My home is in an Ideal Location,(Downtown Toronto), close to everything you need and to most Tourist Destinations.
If you have SKILLS in:
- Construction, Renovating
- Electrical Connections (wiring, outlets / plugs),
- House Maintenance,
PLEASE CONTACT ME.
I have lots of Tools and most of the materials but no skills.
- Deck on Second Floor
- garage loft: baseboards, finish ceiling
Please Note: If you DON'T have ANY of these skills, I will NOT accommodate you. I have previously accommodated people without these skills and it has NOT been a beneficial experience. Sorry.
However, if your skills are "expert level", groceries will be provided.
Accommodation (depending on availability) include:
1) Basement Unit - fully furnished, double bed, kitchenette, full size Private Bathroom and Separate Entrance.
2) Garage Loft -
- double air mattress
- private studio space
- heat and air conditioning
- comfortable and cozy.
One person PREFERABLY (or Two) handy people to work 3 to 4 hours a day.
Please NOTE: I don't usually cook. SOME groceries will be provided.
Fresh Produce / Grocery / Convenience Stores etc. are (literally) just around the corner.
Length of stay is negotiable.
This home is an old 3- Storey Victorian, located steps from the Subway: near Korea Town (Annex Area- Steps from Christie Subway Station and Christie Pits Park).
- Unlimited high speed internet and wi-fi,
- Air Conditioning and Heating,
- Laundry facilities; I am willing to do your laundry,
- Comforter / Duvet, linen, blankets, towels, toiletries etc.,
- Use of Kitchen ( utensils, Pots/ Pans, Microwave, toaster, etc.)
*Please clean up after yourself*.
- Private Room
- STEPS from the subway
- back yard OASIS
- front porch
- use of bicycle
Ideal location- Highly Desired Neighbourhood, Quiet and Safe.
- coffee shops, restaurants, parks, theatre, libraries, pubs,
Theatre, U of T, Mirvish Village, Little Italy, Korea Town, Yorkville, the ROM, Art Gallery of Ontario, Kensington Market, live music venues, gym, markets, Free Festivals, outdoor movies, swimming pools and more...
* ALL WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE *
- friendly, accepting, respectful, ethical, well traveled,
- have a wonderful (trained but "spoiled") little dog “Moonlight” aka: "the devil",
- work from home (mostly),
- allow privacy and "space",
- Certified ESL Instructor.
- Quiet, Respectful, Mature, Clean, Self Motivated, Diligent and able to work Independently.