All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 25777
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 3, 2017
The Golan Garden Hostel is an outdoor-oriented, cosy and clean home-style hostel in Katzrin, the heart of The Golan Heights. Colorful, spacious and clean common areas, dormitories and privates provide for a good base while exploring the area. A well equipped communal kitchen, clean shared bathrooms, cosy lounge, big terrace, garden, music instruments and free coffee and (herbal) tea create a great atmosphere to chill and meet other travelers.
And every morning there’s FREE Banana Pancake Breakfast – all you can eat!
We’re located in Katzrin, next to the Yehudiya Nature Reserve, one of the most beautiful and all-round nature reserves of the North. Magnificent world-class hiking trails start right from the hostel, taking you through canyons with waterfalls, natural pools and archaeological sites.
Other adventurous outdoor activities at the Golan Garden Hostel include: Canyoning through waterfalls and pools, Horse riding, Mountain biking, ATV riding, Kayaking and Rafting.
We love planning these activities for you!
Combine your outdoor adventures with a wine tasting at local and exclusive wineries of the Golan, a visit to cheese farms, the local beer brewery, olive oil press and chocolate factory. Take a dip in the Sea of Galilee, have lunch at one of the Druze villages, see Syria from a look-out and have some more Hummus as the local restaurant...there is plenty to do!
We’re easy to reach with direct buses from Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa and Tiberias!
We are looking for someone to help with the upkeep chores, outdoor activities and general development of our hostel. We ask you to work 5 days a week, 7 hours a day and the work will include:
- Daily upkeep of the hostel - basic cleaning, tiding up and changing sheets mostly.
- Checking in guests and giving an explanation of the area and activities around.
- Participating/leading in hostel and outdoor activities.
- Setting a cozy/friendly vibe for the hostel.
All these tasks require an outgoing, responsible person who’s pro-active, social and independent.
We prefer that you stay for at least three weeks so you can learn the tasks efficiently, but you’re always welcome to tell us about your plans and we can see if it fits! We’re very flexible with working days and hours and we will do everything to make it possible for you to explore the area as much as you want.
The minimum age limit is 21!
What do you get in return?
- Free accommodation. Volunteers get a bed in the dormitory, shared with other volunteers and/or guests.
- Have ready access to world-class hiking trails with waterfalls, wildlife, lush green gorges, etc.
- Free use of mountain bikes and camping gear
- Free or discounted stay at other ILH hostels in Israel during your period of volunteering.
- Pancakes!! Lots of pancakes!! Free pancake breakfast. Basic cooking tools and materials (slat, oil, sugar, eggs, bread, etc.) are also provided.
- Work directly with the friendly owners.
Please note that this is a rather quiet environment. If you are thinking of coming here to volunteer keep in mind that the vibe here is very relaxed as opposed to any other big city.
We, the owners, Daniel and Alon, are two nature lovers who opened the hostel to get tourists interested in the Golan Heights. We are very open-minded and are always open for suggestions. By helping us you will have the opportunity to help develop a brand new business, see the inner workings and learn quite a bit about marketing, finance and other business aspects.
Your help will be much appreciated!
We hope to hear from you soon!
Daniel & Alon