All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 206,500
Persons: 2 (preferred single)
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 28252
Region: Northern Territory
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 6, 2015
*** host page suspended permamently***
Due to our station has been sold I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed and workednhere over the last couple of years under our managment.
We will not be hosting any longer. Ola & Kes
WHAT IS MT SWAN: It's a cattle station run along with a store servicing the local community and a small Aboriginal Art Gallery.
LOCATION: Our homestead is located in MacDonald Downs, 285 km North East of Alice Springs and 27 km away from Outback tourist attraction- Tower Rock, where you can enjoy climbing, hiking and watching the sunrises and sunsets. If you are active person you are going to find here plenty of space for your exercise and outdoor activity.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR: We are happy to host helpers who are passionate, genuinely happy and not afraid to work, independent individuals who can work without supervision and are able to mange their time off and entertain themselves.
We have fully equipped staff quarters with a large kitchen, dining area, laundry room, living area, TV and DVD player and accommodation for our helpers. You will have your own air- conditioned room with shared bathroom with one other helper (same sex). We also have a pool so you can always hop in to cool down a bit!
FOOD: There is always heaps of pasta, rice, veggies, meat, eggs, bread, breakfast products etc. As long as you can fix something on your own you can never be hungry. We also provide '5 o'clock' beverages.
WORK: Duties are: helping in our Store, gardening, cooking, cleaning, housekeeping, maintenance and repairs and other general jobs on the station. It's entire variability and you'll help where you are needed.
ACTIVITIES: If you are active person you are going to find here plenty of space for your exercise and outdoor activity. We have a friendly dog Gypsy who is a good buddy to go for a walk or run with. Every once in a while we also have 'get together' dinners and BBQ or go for one- night camp to Tower Rock!
HOW TO GET THERE: We provide transport from and to Alice Springs, pick- ups on the appointment.
If you own a car and it's 4WD you can drive to Mt Swan via Alice Springs. There is no public transport from Alice Springs to Mt Swan.
So... are you in yet? If so, read below:
* We speak English at all times on the station.
* We prefer independent people who are working without supervision. Just undertake a task and get it done.
* Minimum 4 weeks stay.
* We require up to 6 h of work a day (with one full and one half day off a week) in exchange for food, beverages, accommodation. We also provide linen, towels and WiFi.
* Internet data comes from Satellite and it's limited. We use it for browsing and emails only. No video calls (Skype, Viber, Facetime etc) can be made, neither downloading or streaming videos.
* There is NO mobile coverage at all.
* You can receive phone calls on our land line.
* You are going to need boots, a hat, sunscreen and a torch.
* You can obtain here your regional work for 2nd Year Working Holiday Visa.
* Our Station in located in a very remote place so make sure you have got your all personal use items ready before we pick you up.
* Be prepared to get dusty and dirty.
* We use dam water for everything except food and drink preparations.
* We run on generator so power is provided in limitation between 7am till 10.30pm daily.
**** If you have strong allergies/ gluten free dietary we will not be able to host you.***
Sounds good? Get in touch!
Photo 1. Area landscape
Photo 2. Harts Range panorama view
Photo 3. Tower Rock
Photo 4. Our lovely Station Family
Photo 4. Tower Rock
Photo 6. Sunset at the Mt Swan homestead