All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0,5
Host ID: 28601
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 3, 2017
There's a loooooooot of work to improve our "new" home in countryside. You can join and help to take care of the garden, improve the housing, making every kind of works (building, painting, electricity, plumbing, wood-cutting and whatever...).
Actual priority is to clean around, vegetation growing wildly from 20 years.
You can check my CS profile via the web link above to have a more precise idea of my personnality. My partner Viki will be more and often at home too. As a ceramist, we'll try to provide her a lovely and efficient workyard in a refixed part of the house !
We'd be happy to welcome you as friends and of course... life is not only working! Chilling, having walks, enjoying countryside, cooking together... having good times :)
Since we're not permanently at home, we prefer to organize your stay a bit on advance, so that you can come when we are at home and discover together how it gets along.
SOME VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS :
* Brousse-le-Château is an amazing place, but think that the house is "lost" in the forest, 6km away from the village center, so you need to enjoy nature !
It's not soooo lost, since there's an organic farm and a few houses 2 km away, but still, you need to like walking, biking or you have to own a car if you want to explore around without our help ;)
Area is somehow hilly... so if you decide to bike around, consider that there's, for example, some long 10% declivity to reach down the village :D
* House was unhabited for 20 years and starts to turn to ruin... so it's more a "camping type of accomodation" that we can propose, but mainly, if you help me it's to build up better accomodation for everyone :) There's only a 40m2 room that is roof covered, so that we'll need to share it... Hopefully, this we evolute progressively ;)
To make it clear : it's a ruin and the goal is to turn it to liveable house for winter 2017 !!!
* There's electricity, water (from tap & from the river), internet connexion but no TV.
* Since we're often abroad, we prefer people staying a bit longer, so that we can share time together when we're at home.
* We expect guests to be clean and to take care of their environment : We'd be very upset to have to clean the entire house when we come back home for a few days just because my guests are acting like... uneducated people.
* We don't want to take advantage or neither abuse of people but...
1° We're very short on money so I can't PAY helpers.
2° Helpex is an alternative way of sharing life and experiences.
We're not requesting loads of hours of hard work. We have nothing against meditation, we appreciate guests that love to explore around hiking and we have no problem with people that have their own activities.
We just feel nice if, also, something is improved after the stay of a guest, however we manage to realise it. It's like a beautiful gift.
Soooooo, if you wanna help us in this crazy project in a fantastic location, come on Friends !!!
Viki & Ben :)