All Year: Possible
Area (ha): 80
Persons: 2 or 3 honest people
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 29256
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 12, 2014
This is a 200 acre farm located in beautiful Grey Bruce, about 2.5 hours northwest of Toronto on a mixed lot that includes pasture,a very large garden, woodlands with trails, a pond and a creek. We are looking forward to our third year of welcoming Canadian and international interns to help us further develop our vision for creating an ecologically responsible and economically viable small farm operation while nurturing community and culture as stewards of the land.
Positions available for those seeking a diverse and rewarding farming experience. We manage a farming co-operative and deliver to a large membership in the Toronto area twice a week. Work will include:
- Seeding, transplanting, pest /weed control and harvesting organic, biodynamic inspired herbs and vegetables
- Assisting in bi-weekly deliveries to co-op members
- Care and management of naturally raised poultry and laying hens
- Operating various farm equipment and tools
- Landscaping and tree transplanting
- Maintaining farm infrastructure
- Assisting to host cultural events on the farm
Experience is an asset, but we welcome first-timers who are eager to learn. We are seeking interns who are:
- Honest and hard working
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Able to follow direction well and work well independently
- Flexible in their work according the needs of the day, weather changes, etc.
- Willing to share cooking duties for meals
- Valid driverís licence an asset
Internships available immediately, with a minimum 1 month commitment. Work is 6 days a week, approximately 7 hours a day. Room and board (wifi available) and all meals included, as well as a $200 monthly stipend. Accommodation options include cabin, camping or sharing a room in the farm house. While vegetarians welcome, specialty diets cannot necessarily be accommodated.
We are a vibrant young couple expecting our first child late this summer. We love the outdoors, work hard, and find lots of time for creative play and rich conversation. Local and city friends and family visit us and we are committed to creating a welcoming space for like-minded souls. We very much enjoy sharing the work and the space with the right individuals.
Please let us know if you're interested! Send us an email telling us what you would like to gain from this experience and what you feel you have to offer.