All Year: May to the mid of Sept
Area (ha): 0.07
Host ID: 29997
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 15, 2017
Hi guys. My name is Vladislav and I work as a chemist for an institute. In Yekaterinburg I have temporary accomodation while working for the institute.
Originally, I'm from Sysert, the city placed 40 km on the south from Yekb. My mother still lives there. We do gardening and dream about building a sauna and new house.
Since it looks as an endless process of saving up money for a proper house, I think about frame house technology and cheapest materials.
I really need a workmate, who isn't afraid of handwork and experimenting. This will be a challenge for me as well.
I continue my education process, live and learn. I have studied Swedish for 3,5 years and English for 4,5 years, Polish for 1,5 years in evening classes and recently began with Bulgarian as I merried a Bulgarian girl.
The profession of chemist is interesting but doesn't get you money more than for food and accomodation. I believe knowing of languages will show me new sides of life and give more opportunities. Who knows, maybe I will become a good translator/interpreter one day;)
Are you interested in language and culture exchange? You are welcome!
As for other hobbies, I like listening to metal music and playing guitar, traveling around the world (thanks to couchsurfing), hiking, skiing and used to cycle much.
1. Gardening and building works from May to September.
Things to do, kind of detailed list:
- keeping alotment in a proper condition (watering, throwing weeds out, etc.);
- constructing a greenhouse (to construct a frame, to nail an oilcloth);
- changing iron lists of the roof of the old house;
- renewing a drain and constructing a small bridge over that drain;
- removing a stump;
- building a sauna (to make a foundation by concrete application, to construct walls, a roof, then window and doors, to install an iron stove, to do finishing works);
- demolishing an old shed (to dismantle a stove, to get rid of old stuff, to disjoint a roof and walls);
- building a new shed (to constract a frame, build a roof);
- building a new house (to construct a sewerage system, to make a foundation by concrete application, to build frame of a house, to nail planks to the frame making them walls, to fill the space between walls with the mixture of sawdust and cement, to construct a floor and roof, to make a stove, to construct windows and doors, to do finishing works).
The life is not enough to have all the stuff done...
My finances are singing romances, say we in Russia. This means I have very small budget and can feed just one volunteer at a time. Long-term staying is preferable as we will have more chances to get used to each other and execute more tasks, but all helpers are welcome.
It's a typical Russian log house in Sysert, not in a good condition but possible to live in. In Yekaterinburg I live in a room in a three-roomed flat with flatmates-collegues. I haven't got internet access in Sysert but have unlimited one in Yekaterinburg.
Bed and food are provided. Help with cooking is appreciated.
I have no pets, no food restrictions, try to avoid any kind of restrictions in general.
I can show you sight seeings of Yekaterinburg and surroundings.