All Year: Yes
Persons: up to 4
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 30254
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 28, 2017
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A ***LONG TERM COUPLE****
WE ARE A GUEST HOUSE & YOGA STUDIO
WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for a couple who can help us to manage our guest-house/B&B and yoga studio for the next 6 months.
It's a hands on management position, for a reliable couple, who will help between 4h and 5h a day.
*** One of the couple needs to know YOGA (no certification required) but experience is compulsory.
This is not a 'scape the winter' vacant. Please, make sure you are looking for being into tourism business, you are motivated and you match our needs/skills required, as we only answer emails when you have the capabilities and the experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100m2 apartment, with your own kitchen, bathroom, terrace, etc.
- Commission/payment according performance and results.
- Our network of friends, where to go, what to do, etc. in Lanzarote.
Capabilities/Competences of the profiles:
1) PROMOTION + PUBLIC RELATION + RECEPTION:
- Welcome clients at the check-in, explain about Lanzarote, etc.
- Manage online booking platforms, answer guest emails, etc...
- Website management, SEO & programing (desirable)
2) MAINTENANCE + HANDYMAN
- Help to maintain the hostel clean & tidy
- Take care of the garden
- Arrangements to do, fix small things.
- Help on decoration
SKILLS IN BOTH PROFILES:
- Experience in some of the fields/roles.
- Fluent English and Spanish, valuable other languages.
- Proactive and active person, fast learner.
- Efficient, multitasking & reliable.
- Take care of details.
For these positions in addition we will ask you to send us your CV. We will ask as well any social profile: from Linkedin, to Couchsurfing, Facebook or others.
WHAT CAN HAPPEN/WE OFFER IN KALINDI:
- Internet Access
- Shared kitchen with all facilities
- Morning meditation
- Yoga class or dynamic activity
- Alternative cooking lessons
- Beginer surf lessons
- Entrepeneur Coaching or how to get a job in Lanzarote.
- Learning Spanish
- Massage workshop
WHAT MAY ALSO HAPPEN:
- We do some pizza/bread in the wood-oven
- We play some music, guitar, dijeridoo, jambee...
- We get lost in nice hikes and isoleted beaches
- We have a movie night, storytelling,...
- We do a cheese workshop.
- We learn about selfsutainability techniques.
- And anything you can share with all!
Our trip started in 2010 when we decided to quit our jobs, home and daily life in Barcelona to travel around the world for two years. We traveled to dozens of different countries, discovering different cultures and sharing in experiences with lots of people, both locals and travelers. We were eager to see the world, to get out of our comfort zone and seek new adventures. On our way back to Spain we discovered Lanzarote, and fell in love with it. It is one of the last paradises in Europe with a 'summer climate' all year around. We decided to stop there to keep on travelling welcoming into our home travelers and exchanging experiences this way. This is how Kalindi blossomed, as a space to offer the newcomer what the world offered to us: hospitality, new experiences and emotions...and an ideal spot to disconnect from everything and connect with yourself.
FILOSOFY OF THE PLACE
Located in the heart of Lanzarote, in the town of Tao, kalindi is an ideal spot to disconect of your daily routine and reconect with yourself- relaxing, enjoying nature, eating well, enjoying yourself and learning new stuff.
You will find Kalíndi in the rural area of Tao and just at the entrace of the Archipielago Chinijo Natural Park. The house is located in an isolated and tranquil area but it is also a ten minutes ride to the most popular beaches (Famara, for walking; La Santa, for surfing and Caleta Caballo for snorkeling). It is indeed a ten minutes walk to the town restaurants (including one of the most popular in Lazarote) and convenience shop.
It is a 400 m2 living space which inlcludes the following shared areas:
- kitchen, dining and living room
- outdoor deck including a rustic table and tapas area
- outdoor barbacue and wood-fired piza oven
- Landscaped garden with hamacs and deck chairs
- Roofed outdoor chillout area with with sofas and pufs
- Yoga (and other activities) room with a capacity for up to 20 people
- Massage room