All Year: not before Spring 2015
Area (ha): 0,65
Host ID: 31084
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: October 21, 2014
Due to renovation works at home, we can't welcome Helpers for the moment, no place... Sorry about that.
We could welcome again Helpers for Spring in 2015.
Thank you !
Take care and see you in 2015 =)
Celine & Alex, 36 and 34 years old.
We are a couple, we were helpers during our WHV in Australia and now we are settle in Normandy for a while. We will be happy to welcome foreign people, from one up to 2 people (1 couple or 1 single person).
We are open mind, we like meet new people, new cultures. We love nature, travelling, cooking, discussion, music...
We just arrived in the family's house (30 minutes from Rouen), that we want to renovate and also create an organic kitchen garden. We already have fruit trees such as cherries, apple, hazelnuts, walnut.
There is place to park campervan or caravane and car.
The work (4-6 h/day) will be variable depending the needs, the season and the knowledge of our helpers. It could be gardening such as weeding, planting, cutting, mowing.
For the house’s renovation, it will depend of the helper’s knowledge, it could be sanding and painting (i.e : wood flap), plumbing, electricity works...
We also love to discover typical foreign food, so if you want, you can cooking ^^
In return we offer to helpers a room with TV, internet (wifi) and meals. Moutain bike is at your disposal.
We are in Pays de Bray, traditional bocage landscape of woods, orchards and cattle economy.
La Feuillie has all all amenities in the village.
Many opportunities for hiking, biking and there are plenty of harras for horse riding.
Next door to La Feuillie there are :
- The forest of Lyons, is one of the largest Normandy forest
- Lyons-la Forêt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyons-la-Forêt), one of the most beautiful, old and typical village around.
- Castle of Fleury-la-Foret (XVIIth century) (http://www.normandie-tourisme.fr/Chateau-de-Fleury-la-Foret/PCU/FLEURY-LA-FORET/fiche-PCUNOR0271000003-2.html)
Other place of interests :
- Mortemer Abbey (XIIth century) http://www.abbaye-de-mortemer.fr/en/
- Castle of Vascoeuil Castle (XIVth century) (http://www.chateauvascoeuil.com)
- Rouen : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouen