Sanary sur mer
All Year: yes
Area (ha): 10
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 32434
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 9, 2018
Come and enjoy a unique experience in a beautiful area of Southern France! The last natural one on this coast.
I am very welcoming and love to share my enthusiasm and energy for the project with people. I am always excited to meet new people get them involved. I am French and speak English and a little Spanish.
The property is a 300-year-old farm house set in 8 hectares (20 acers) of land. Situated 800m from cote d’azure just outside the town of Sanary Sur Mer and only 45 minutes by train from Marseille in the direction of Toulon. Our nearest station being Ollioules-Sanary/Mer.
The projects will include, renovating several rooms within the property, clearing the land, starting a vegetable garden, roofing a small outhouse, planting 100 olive trees and creating an outdoor bathroom for alfresco bathing! To name a few.
*We are looking for someone to come now to help care for my 6 year old son and with general household duties while I study for an agricultural exam that I have in 12 days!*
In restoring the inside of the property, we are looking to bake our own paints with natural dies, ochre etc.
This is a huge project and we are looking for people to transform the property and surrounding land quickly. Time is short as looking to get it ready to rent rooms during the busy summer period.
I would like to create an environment where we work together as a team and also have a lot of fun in the evenings and during time off, with a chance to meet people from all walks of life and really enjoy the whole experience.
I am wonderfully helped by a long-term English helper who knows the project very well and understands much about what I aiming to create. He will be helping to coordinate the project while I am busy.
So, what I really need is anyone with the following skills:
· Masonry and roof repairs.
· Anyone experienced with garden power tools, strimmer, chainsaw etc.
· Carpentry – making shutters and simple farm doors.
· Painting walls and people that are generally experienced with renovation.
· People experienced in agriculture and gardening.
· Someone to take control of domestic duties and be responsible for the cooking for the whole team, laundry and washing up etc. Need to be in charge of a food budget and work with minimal waste etc. I would also require this person to take care of my six-year-old child as unfortunately, I am going to be very busy studying for and exam in agriculture on June 20th. Dropping and picking up from school etc. He is lovely and very easy to take care of being very independent. He is also very good at occupying himself and always happy to help in many ways.
· Web design and marketing.
· Photographer with equipment.
I am a professional curtain-maker and am happy to teach/share my skills if he/she already has experience with a sewing machine etc. Would need to stay for a minimum of one month.
I am looking for people from now through to September staying for a minimum of two weeks and ideally more! I can’t have people for the last week of July and only one during the first two weeks of August. You must be flexible with time as some days will be long and then others off to explore the area! In return I offer free accommodation and meals. One room per person or couple with shared bathroom.Internet conexion.
I am also looking for someone from September for any skill and need someone to make a library from hundreds of books and magazines I have stored. They must be fluent in French and obviously have an interest in literature!