All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 17
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 32663
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 8, 2016
We are a Hare Krishna - ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) Bhakti Yoga Ashram and Farm community in the beautiful "Bavarian Forest Nature Park" near Passau, in the heart of Europe. Our project was established in 1979.
We offer an opportunity to spend quality time together in a spiritual atmosphere and with great vegetarian cooking. We dance, chant and eat together!
The positions are open again from spring 2016!
Who we are looking for:
- good web designers for Word Press and Typo3 as well as graphic designers.
- Bio-farm help. Previous experience of advantage.
ALL YEAR ROUND:
- HOUSEHOLD/GUESTHOUSE HELP - general chores and friendliness required!
- YOGA MARKETING - help us create yoga packages and help us with marketing. The person should be a self starter and ideally have good marketing and design skills. Anytime - but recommend you stay at least one month. Three months would be ideal.
- FUNDRAISOR - help us with ideas and putting together a fundraising package to support the project. Anytime (as above).
- DIY/BUILDER - If you are that way orientated, this project is a dream of reparation!
- TRANSLATOR - We need someone who can translate ENGLISH text to GERMAN text and vice versa!
We mostly need help with:
- repairing electricity devices
- online marketing (especially if you are German speaking)
- inside renovation/repair
- cleaning and kitchen help
Our long term vision is to establish self-sufficient project and a tourist attraction in the Bavarian forest for the spiritually minded people.
We have a unique Narasimha (Vishnu) Temple, which became a place of pilgrimage for the visitors from all around the world. We also have a guest house and 17 ha of land with two cows at the moment.
Here you can spend your time in an Eco-friendly farm with a cow protection project and a community of some 20 members (singles and families) practising an ancient bhakti yoga system and living a simple life in harmony with nature and divine principles as described in the ancient Sanskrit holy texts called the Veda.
PLUS POINTS OF THIS PROJECT:
- You will be right in the heart of the Bavarian Forest - clean air, nature, especially good for treks in sunny Summer and snowy Winter!
- You get to join in with a range of activities, be it on our organic farm (from May till November); our guesthouse; yoga activities; around the temple; or with the cows!
- Most of our helpers are amazed by the amount of daily vegetarian food that is on offer!
We can also cater to vegans.
We organize numerous spiritual festivals throughout the year and teach spirituality and yoga to people interested.
To keep the atmosphere sacred and conducive to spiritual growth we restrain from following:
- eating non-vegetarian food (meat, fish or eggs)
- taking intoxication such as tobacco, alcohol or drugs
- illicit sex (sex out of marriage)
Travelling: We are 40km from Bavarian town of Passau. Please try to arrive during daytime as after 6.30 PM there are almost no connections to Jandelsbrunn and you will have to stay over night in Passau. Take a bus from Passau Hauptbahnhof to Jandelsbrunn Post. For more details visit http://www.liontemple.de/?page_id=159&lang=en
Link to the bus time table: http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml
(search for departure Passau Hauptbahnhof and destination Jandelsbrunn Post. Red Ostbayern bus no. 6122 ist standing in front of the train station on the right).
We will pick you up from Jandelsbrunn bus hut (first stop in Jandelsbrunn). Or if you want to explore the area by foot, we are in a village called Zielberg.