All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 2.5
Persons: max 2
Host ID: 34207
Region: Northern Territory
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 3, 2018
The beekeeping business is slow at the moment as we are preparing to sell our house. We have been hosting WWOOFers and HELPX workers for 6 years with positive feedback, we have a visitors book that all our helpers complete and comment on their experience with us.
Tas will be by himself for 6 weeks while Leanne is away from May to mid June.
We are keen to welcome hands-on people, who are not afraid of the heat or getting their hands dirty to work 4 hours a day. People who take pride in their work and complete the required tasks. Having carpentry or building experience would be great to complete some of the jobs we need to.
If you think you can help us with any of the things, listed below, that we need to do, we are interested in hearing from you:
• Give Tas a hand with basic bee-keeping
• Basic house-keeping like cooking, tidying up, keeping bathrooms and floors clean etc (while Leanne is away, 29 April - 9 June 18)
• Clean bee boxes and frames.
• The house windows need cleaning
• Basic pool maintenance like getting the leaves out (something that's not usually a big ask when you're hot)
• Other incidental jobs as they come up
In exchange we will provide:
• Quiet rural accommodation
• Private double bedroom inside the main house
• Private bathroom,
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• The occasional cider or glass of wine
In the house live:
Husband – Tas
Wife – Leanne
Bird - Jasper
Please note that we live out of the city (35km) and all work away from the house during the day, and the public transport system is not very good close to our home. We have internet and some mobile phone services work from inside our house.
The nearest shops are about 5km away.
We will need to know beforehand if you have any special dietary requirements (eg vegetarian, gluten free, etc).
No Smoking in the house, but outside is ok. No drugs.