All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 1.2
Persons: 1-4 people
Host ID: 34247
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 17, 2018
We, Rene & Julie, are an active married couple offering a beautiful, tranquil & spacious homestay with high ethical standards to like-minded folks that complement our vision and offer us assistance on a range of projects in exchange for food & lodging in quality surrounds with exceptionally rich wildlife.
Rene is an Architect, Photographer, as well as Traveller at heart and originally from Switzerland. Julie is a dedicated & busy Chef, originally from the Philippines. We are married for 33 years and have lived in Australia for over 25 years, the past 7 1/2 years at our current home.
Updating our listing as of 17 Jan 2018:
*** THANK YOU FOR APPLYING FOR UPCOMING VACANCIES NOW ***
*** WE HAVE EXTENDED OUR CURRENT BREAK FROM HELPX HOSTING UNTIL 20 JANUARY***
IMPORTANT! Pls note that we have that many enquiries that we will give priority to those that make a genuine effort to contact us with all their details as well as being genuinely interested in sharing quality time with us.
As such we will NOT respond to enquiries via SMS as a first contact as well as helpers without profile pics or detailed profile.
Thank you for your understanding!
> WORK /DUTIES
We are currently looking for people that can assist us in following projects:
> Main project: We are in the process of transforming/beautifying/landscaping our amazing 12,000sqm elevated bush property and that journey has progressed wonderfully since we started in January 2017.
If that sort of work interests you by way of experience or if you are capable and wish to gain experience, then pls get in touch with us.
People high on our search list are building labourers, landscapers, gardeners… or even concreters, carpenters, block-layers, et all!
> Secondary projects: As we find time & talents:
- IT: Further enhancing a photo & travel based website featuring online photo galleries, shop as well as a travel blog.
- Photo: Photoshop assistance. Reference to my work via facebook page link above.
- Social media & general marketing: Seeking professionals assisting us to efficiently use social media & general marketing to promote an emerging photographic enterprise.
- Drones: Experts in piloting drones, especially the 'DJI Phantom 3 Professional & DJI Phantom 4.
> General housekeeping & cooking: Your participation in these fields is encouraged & appreciated.
Note: we normally assign people to tasks that are best suited to them and in that there is work for singles as well as couples.
>ETHICS, STANDARDS & OTHER INFO:
- We appreciate & respect your private space as we appreciate you will honour ours.
- We appreciate mature, well-mannered, honest, clean & orderly people that are used to living in shared living arrangements. We are non-smokers and would appreciate anyone staying with us to be the same. We can cater for both, Vegetarians & Non-Vegetarians.
- We are flexible regarding how the roughly 20 exchange work hours per week are structured, allowing you to plan your own stay sensibly.
- We do offer regular sightseeing trips to local & regional highlights for those that stay with us as an added bonus as well as to balance work & pleasure.
- All photos on this profile are taken at our truly wonderful abode.
- We also have a long past owning & running Restaurants & Resorts, plus owning & managing Holiday Let's. As such, we are used being around guests & visitors.
- We are located in an elevated & forested area of the southern Gold Coast with close proximity to all amenities such as beaches, shopping centres, plus even an international airport (Gold Coast) etc.
- If you don’t have your own transport, we can see that arrangements can be made for drop-offs & pick-ups.
- We have two reasonably separate guest rooms, both featuring queen size beds. We also have good cable internet access at our home, being distributed within the premises via WIFI.
Thanking you and looking forward hearing from you!
Rene & Julie Thalmann