All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 2
Persons: 1 or 2 or couple
Category: Accommodation Business
Host ID: 37880
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 16, 2015
+++ LOOKING FOR HELPERS NOW +++
1hr Perpignan : 3hrs Barcelona
Dates available in April, May and Early June 2015.
Also taking on helpers for Autumn/Winter 2016.
RIGHT NOW WE NEED HELP WITH:
- HARD WORK - Building drystone wall terracing - No experience required just enthusiasm and a love for the outdoors.
- GARDEN WORK - Rotor-vating, digging and garden work to create organic veggie patch by the river in the Foret de Boucheville.
- PAINTING & DECORATING - Stripping and painting of shutters and window frames.
- FUN PROJECTS - Building a bamboo shade - hunting and cutting bamboo is part of the fun! - Construction of outside patio furniture from reclaimed wood and beachcombings.
- You stay in our luxury boutique self-catering accommodation in The Loft (see our website for full details).
- We feed you. Homecooked breakfast, lunch and evening meal. All local, all seasonal, as much organic as we can find.
- A chance to spend time in one of the best unspoilt regions of wilderness in Europe.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU:
- Everything depends on the weather - each day can be different so there are no set hours. We ask for 4-5 hours work per day on a working day.
- Stays are for a maximum of 2 weeks initially.
- Please come with a full heart. This place is amazing, special and we look forward to sharing it with you.
This is a creative retreat in the foothills of the French Pyrenees 3 hrs from Barcelona, 2 hrs from Toulouse in the small mountain village of Fosse Las Cabanes. Situated in the heart of the Languedoc-Rousillon in the South-West corner of France. Ski resorts and sandy beaches on the coast only an hours drive away. Surrounded by vineyards and ancient olive groves, between the majestic mountains of the French Pyrenees and the Corbières, this wild landscape of rolling hills, dense forest and views of the Mediterranean is a nature-lovers paradise.
Your English and French speaking hosts are Anne and Emma who have lived in the region for 5 years.