All Year: yes
Area (ha): 10
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 38040
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 11, 2018
Gygratun (gygratun.no) - a small Recreational Farm Retreat by the fjord
- B&B in summer
- Horse, sheep, goats, chickens, cat, dog, rabbits, bees.
- Organic vegetables for our household
- Barn conversion: Workshop/Galleri, Music, Pizzaoven etc
- Trolltunga - 40 min. drive to parking
- Folgefonna National Park with a glacier
- Amazing Gygrastol, 1300 masl, (just beyond us)
- Many hikes with marked tracks
- Bergen Airport - 2 hrs
- Busstop 7 min. walk
- Barony Rosendal from 1665 - 20 min. drive
- horseback riding (max 60 kg)
- arts and crafts
- piano, guitar, ukulele
We need help with carpentry or gardening. And with online marceting.
We are a married couple; Leif Kongestøl and Hulda Bohlin.
Leif is a leader for health/care and Hulda paints/teach art and had a studio/gallery in a close town.
See Web2: rosendalkunstverkstad.no and her paintings: "Se Hulda sine bilder".
Worktime: 5 hrs 5 days/week.
You'll have a room in a cabin and eat in the main house at fixed times.
Volunteers at Gygratun must be:
- good in English
- able to adjust to farm life
- able to entertain yourselves
- observant and considerate of the animals
- able to understand and follow instructions and rutines
(to avoid suffering for animals and plants or damages on tools, items etc)
Vehicles, electric tools and machines can be dangerous if you do not deal with them properly.
Always ask for instructions and our permission.
Damage to equipment may occur. You must be prepared to pay for uncareful use.
Citizens of EU should bring their current European Health Insurance Card.
Citizens of other countries are responsible for their own arrangements.
Even if it may rain, the nature here is always fresh, wild and exiting - and with a wonderland atmosphere.
Welcome to Gygratun, either as B&B guests or volunteers!
And welkome to follow us on fb: Gygratun
Best regards, Hulda and Leif