All Year: July to November
Area (ha): 0.25
Host ID: 3813
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 28, 2018
We run a small dog rescue and also a neutering program. We have 7 dogs of our own (2 are very very nervous and better with women than men) and often have various fosters living with us (currently 5 small pups and one older pup). Sometimes we have more dogs that come for short term stays for treatment or assessment or before and after neutering.
This leads very little time to get on with the work we want doing. So this year we are getting our guest house ready and available for helpers to come and help us for a while.
We are looking for someone/people happy around dogs (as tends to be a lot of them and would be good for the pups to socialise with other people than us), happy with their own company and the fact that we live in a very rural area where no one speaks English and it is 20km to the nearest large supermarket.
The guest house is split into two apartments and each apartment and each has a bedroom with 2 single beds (can be a double) and a lounge with sofa bed (small double) and we could probably find a blow up bed or get another single bed in there as well. The shower room and toilet is separate and there is a basic kitchen. Please note there is no internet but we have it at our house 2 doors down so can come and check emails here. Also no TV.
We have so many projects to do so you can take your pick:
- We are taking down some barns to re-use the tiles etc on re-building new kennels. And also building new dog kennels and runs so welcome to help with whatever we are on with this way.
- At the property where the apartments are the mud brick boundary wall is in a bad state of repair. It basically needs taking down section by section and re-building. This can be in mud brick, or we can get you breeze (concrete) blocks and you can do half and half or can get arty and use glass bottles etc.....We have a cement mixer and will provide all materials.
- The barn and lean-to barn at the accommodation needs work (barn is high and needs ridge tiles cementing in place), the lean-to is falling down and needs new roof and tiling.
- We have loads of spare mud-bricks so welcome to come and build pizza ovens, BBQs etc out of what you find lying around.
- You can do garden sculptures (loads of mud brick, tiles, wooden beams etc lying around)
- At the accommodation you would be in we want to build a simple plasterboard wall with door at the top of the stairs leading to the loft to try and reduce the number of bugs and other "creatures" that come in through the roof and loft space (not to put you off, its separate to living area).
- Choose a project or two and off you go!!!
- If we have foster dogs and puppies would be good to introduce to them to you so they get used to more people and better socialised.
- Traditional Bulgarian village, there are a couple of shops, little bar.
- In the Rose Valley and Valley of the Thracian tombs
- Fairly rural and 3km to nearest train station and 20km to main town
Must be very confident with dogs, happy with own company and not put off by fact no one really speaks English in the village.
You would be accommodated in your own apartment in the house we own next door but one with its own garden.
Not really suitable for families with young children.