All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 1,3
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 40933
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 21, 2018
At the moment we really need strong hands, men are most welcome for ground-work and planting trees, reforestation!
Maria and Hannes
Dear volunteer guests,
We are a German family and since 16 years we have a finca of 1,3 ha with Aloe Vera , fruit trees, olive- and almond-trees in the mountains near Malaga. We have also planted many more trees this year, avocado, mango and also Moringa-trees, as want to make a fruit-forest here. From our finca you have a magnificent view of the mountain-range and the Mediterranean sea. Our life-style is very simple, we live in small wooden houses and caravans.
We welcome all people who like to really work and at the moment specially who have solid experience in irrigation-systems building/ eco-construction, tiling, woodwork and/ or permaculture garden-work
Please bring your own towels, working clothes, working shoes, a water bottle and a torch.
Vegan living Food
- We liveraw vegan (except in very cold times in winter) and do meditation (for ourselves and with you if you want). We also welcome people who want to eat raw-vegan.
- We offer one simple vegan raw meal a day if wanted. For breakfast and dinner everybody can serve himself from the storage and fridge. We have salad and vegetables from the garden, fruit we have to buy mostly, except figs in August/ September, there are plenty.
We provide very healthy food so people who want to change their diet and would like to know more about vegetarian/vegan food are very much welcome.
Yoga and meditation
We have one newly-built strawbale-house, which is now serving as a yoga-and community -house. Hannes is a yoga-teacher and is giving lessons in yoga and meditation to our working-guests several times a week.
(We do not like Reiki, as it involves mental powers and is resulting in karmic burdens)
- We make music- guitar and sitar, flute, harmonium, - and sometimes we play together with our guests..
We very much like a loving communcation between the people and a harmonious atmosphere.
- There are now group- meetings of training "Nonviolent communication" (NVC, according to Marshall Rosenberg)) or so-called "empathetic communication" on a weekly base (optional). This is very helpful for keeping harmony in a relation or group.
Sustainability of transport:
Inspired by our son Michael who is studying "Sustainable tourism", we ask you to come to us in the most sustainable way possible, of course you cannot walk over the ocean:) But there have been people who came by bicycle from Belgium or Berlin to Andalucia, one man came walking from Denmark and he goes on walking to Tanzania, it is Charlie "Walking for water".
Special rules of the finca:
- We expect the people to live vegan on the finca, no smoking or alcohol.
- We do not take responsibility for any health- issues or accidents happening on the finca.
- You should have your own health-insurance.
- As we use our grey water for the irrigation of trees, please bring along only natural soaps and shampoos, thanks.
If you like to help less than the required hours there are special agreements which can be talked in a skype-interview.
- On the first day there will a personal introduction-interview for every new-comer for explaining everything.
We want to keep a high standard of hygiene.
- All our working guests are together responsible of the tidyness of the kitchen and common places and the time of the cleaning is not included in the working hours. The kitchen is to be broomed and wet-cleaned daily.
- On Saturday mornings there is a common cleaning action to pass on the knowledge of how to do it .
- On the first day there will a personal introduction-interview for every newcomer.
- Please respect the calmness of the place and do not put loud music publicly ( only with earphones).
- We have cats, so please do not bring dogs along.
- We have good internet-speed via cable (wifi on request) and just one old laptop available for guests. So better bring your own laptop
- We have a special internet-caravan which has also wifi and guests should only use t h i s place for internet ( not the kitchen-and living room-area!)
Before reserving read also down under "Help"
If you are interested to visit us, please copy-paste and answer to the following questionnaire, that's really useful for us:
Questionnaire for volunteers:
-When would you wish to come ?
-How long do you wish to stay ?
-Do you have physical or mental health problems that you think would be helpful to communicate?
-Have you a health insurance that can cover you in Spain?
- Please confirm that you are yourself responsible for any health-problems or accidents occurring during your stay on the finca.
-Are you vegetarian/ vegan?
-Do you eat only raw?
-Are you a smoker?
-We have caravans for the guests and compost toilets. Can you adjust to this simple conditions of living?
- Any information you might think useful to communicate?
- Are you ok with our rules?
- What are your complete name, email, skype and telephone ? (no obligation to write, but would facilitate communication with you)