All Year: Yes
Category: Accommodation Business
Host ID: 46601
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 19, 2017
Are you tired of busy backpacker hostels and want a break from the city life? Or just looking for a place to relax and make plans for further travel around Australia? Or are you between jobs, tired of sleeping in your vehicle and looking for a place to stay where you are not spending money?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then we have the right position for you! The position is in a wilderness lodge with 7 cabins and a restaurant/bar in the beautiful World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, located 14km North of the Daintree river (about 2 hours drive North from Cairns). The whole lodge runs on generated power, we have a private water supply and sewerage system - making us completely self sufficient. There is limited Telstra coverage on the property, other providers don't get much coverage in the area.
We are in search of a volunteer (couples are welcome) to help us with our day to day duties, mainly housekeeping and kitchen clean ups. This is a volunteer position, for maximum of 4 hours work per day, you receive:
- your own private cabin (equipped with fans) with a kitchenette/lounge area, bedroom with a queen bed and newly renovated bathroom
- Free use of our DVD library
- Limited Wifi in the restaurant area
- Access to a nature walk on the property leading to a small creek
- All food provided - you will be cooking your own meals
- Local knowledge of things to see and do and often discounts on different tours (snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, zip lining through the canopy of the rainforest, crocodile spotting, horsehides on the beach etc)
We are looking for someone to start ASAP and to stay for a minimum of 2 weeks. You will be working 5 days/week for a maximum of 4 hours/day (days off will vary depending on the number of bookings). As it is the wet season which is a very quiet time for tourism in the area, there will be a lot of downtime for you to fill in.
- have your own vehicle - we are in a very remote location and without one you would just get bored as there is nothing really in walking distance, there is however lots to explore in the area
- have good English
- have an eye for detail and good work ethic
- previous hospitality experience, especially in housekeeping/kitchen hand would be great, although not a must
- be honest and independent
- like nature and animals as we are in the middle of the rainforest and there is wildlife present (we get regular visits from cassowaries!)
- be comfortable with living in a very humid and hot climate
If you are comfortable living away from any major towns and cities and would like to have a true rainforest experience then please message for further information!
Past applicants need not apply.