All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 1300m2
Host ID: 46978
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 6, 2017
• Couples or 2 friends • Non smokers • 2-3 week stay
Enjoy your home away from home while helping out with our large 5brm family property.
We have availability on these dates:
• 24 November - 4 December
• 8 December - 18 December
___ Who we're looking for ____________
We're looking for couples (or friends) who are fun, honest, hardworking and able to work independently.
If you are keen to work, learn and connect as part of a kiwi family, then please contact us :-)
___ What you'll do ___________________
We'll provide accommodation, breakfast and the facilities mentioned below. In exchange you'll do:
• 3 hours' work per person each day, normally from 9am-12pm
• occasional evening babysitting? on request (not more than one night per week)
• shared evening meals (see the Meals section below for more details)
We have a well-structured jobs list for you to follow, which covers jobs like household chores, weeding & gardening, spring cleaning & home organising. We may also get you to do some home or property improvement jobs if you are skilled.
You can feel free to use your initiative if you notice something that needs cleaning, organising or fixing. :-)
___ Helpful skills ___________________
If you have good skills and experience in one or more of the following areas, we'd be particularly interested in hearing from you:
• tree & treestump removal
• home renovation (eg. sanding, painting, lining walls, insulating, plastering & wallpapering)
• wooden furniture restoration (eg. sanding, varnishing, staining)
• home & property maintenance
___ What we offer ______________
You'll stay in a private room with a queen sized bed. We also offer good conversation, a chance to practice your English and lots of laughs :-)
___ Meals _________________
• Breakfast: We supply continental breakfast foods (eg. tea, coffee, milk, cereals, muesli, toast and spreads). Sometimes we also make delicious home-made yoghurt.
• Lunch: You'll need to provide your own lunch, but you are welcome to use our kitchen.
• Dinners: We enjoy sharing evening meals. Here's how it normally works:
- we supply ingredients and cook dinner (3 nights per week)
- you supply ingredients and cook dinner (3 nights per week)
- other night you will usually organise you own dinner (eg. takeout, dinner out or cooking separately)
___ Dietary requirements _________________
We eat a very broad range of foods, but for allergy and health reasons, there are some foods that we don't eat:
- Gluten (eg. wheat, pastry, pasta, bread)
- Dairy (eg. milk, cream, cheese, butter, yoghurt)
- Refined sugar (eg. cane sugar, golden syrup, added sugar)
___ Facilities ______________
• Living: You are welcome to relax in our lounge, dining room and out on the deck or lawn.
• Kitchen: The kitchen is normally available for your use, except when we are preparing the childrens' meals.
• Laundry: You are welcome to use our washing machine/laundry facilities during your stay.
• Internet: We have unlimited high-speed fibre-optic Internet.
• TV: We have TV with Chromecast and Netflix, but we don't have UHF/broadcast television sorry :-)
___ About us ______________
I'm a teacher who loves art, design, and culinary pursuits. My husband is a lawyer and techie. We have two little boys (7 and 4 years old), who we love to bits. We like good food, music, travel, socialising and hosting interesting people from Airbnb and Helpx.
___ Our neighbourhood ______________
Just a few minutes drive from Auckland Airport and Manukau City, Papatoetoe is a well-established suburb conveniently located in the southern part of Auckland.
___ Local park ______________________
Our house overlooks and has private access a huge park which is great for walking and getting outside in the fresh air.
___ Shops, food, supermarket __________
You'll find a shops, food (especially Indian and Chinese) and the local New World supermarket around 10 minutes walk from our house.
___ Getting around ______________
Auckland is a real 'driving' city, but thankfully we've got great public transport options just a short walk from our house. The best way to and from Auckland CBD is via train, with Papatoetoe Railway Station just 7 mins walk from our house. The best way to and from Auckland Airport is by bus on the AT Airporter service. Just ask and we'll point you in the right direction!
___ House rules ______________
We have just a few house rules:
• NO SMOKING is allowed on the property
• please take your SHOES OFF inside
• ALL FOOD must be kept in the kitchen (we provide some fridge and pantry space for this)
• please look after our stuff as if it was your own
• if you're not sure about anything, just ask