All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.2
Host ID: 47998
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 15, 2018
Nature, Stillness & Meditation - work and deepen your spirituality at our meditation center outside Hamburg, Germany
Our house is focused on providing an environment to meditate, go inwards and reconnect with nature. It is a place of stillness and peace, and perfectly suited for people who like to practice their spirituality and - at the same time - enjoy the natural surrounding.
In the house, we are two permanent residents and offer a couple of private guestrooms. We are intense meditators and like to meditate for 3-4 hours, daily (morning and evening meditations). We expect from all volunteers coming to the house to focus on intensifying their inner connection - whatever that means for you: meditation, prayer, contemplation, deep bodywork, relaxation techniques, long walks in nature, dream work, certain kinds of reading ...
You might be bored quickly if you do not have your own things that you want to work or focus on.
We do not offer schooling or teaching. But the house provides support for your own efforts in a multitude of ways.
We are a small quiet place. People experienced in spirituality or inner work will oftentimes truly love this place. Whereas, this house might not be best for people just newly interested in this kind of lifestyle.
Also, we ask volunteers to leave after few days if they are not making use of the purpose of the house (going inwards in some personal way, as described above).
Benefits: peaceful garden with pond, large meditation room, library, nature sanctuary for water birds is adjacent to the property.
Expected help hours:
25 hours/week for free accommodation and organic vegetarian food. Or:
15 hours/week for free accommodation only. In this case: Please bring your own food or share in the costs.
Work hours start daily at 9.30 a.m.
We are flexible to arrange the hours so that you can have days off for sightseeing and recreation. But we ask you to arrange your free days with us, as we do have days when we depend on helpers' work.
(Just for completeness: We cannot provide health or accident insurance for any kind of guests - that includes work & travel helpers).
Some more information about the house:
- next shops: 4 km (bus stop is 50 m away, 10 min ride)
- Hamburg: 25 min by car / 1h by public transport
- Lubeck / Baltic see: 35 min by car / 95 min by public transport
- lakes for swimming: 4 km (bus stop is 50 m, 10 min ride, then 10 min walk)
- accommodation in double-/triple-bed room (mixed gender)
- non-smoking inside
- no pets, please
- reliable high-speed WLAN/WiFi is available around the house and in the garden. It's also dependable for online-work.
There are several guest rooms for individual or seminar guests.
The large eat-in kitchen is for vegetarian food preparation only and we ask all helpers to bring only vegetarian food to this kitchen if they decide to buy their own food. There is a small kitchenette for meat and fish preparation.
Two cats also live in the house. But the guest rooms are kept free of all animals.
The garden holds a large variety of edible plants. This year we have harvested about 115 sorts of food: (wild) herbs, leaves, berries, fruits, and vegetables.
Currently, we are mainly looking for one or two long-term helpers (six weeks or longer). We consider a two-week trial period best for both sides.
We plan ahead for two months in advance, only. Please, in general, do not contact us earlier than two months prior to your proposed arrival date.
Once we agree on you staying long-term you will receive a single room. Short-term stays are also possible if you prefer this.
You would be of special help if you have expertise and skills in one of the following:
- repair jobs, maintenance or certain crafts - especially carpentry
- website design,
- online marketing,
- computer repair,
- gardening (permaculture know-how especially appreciated).
We try to keep rules to a minimum. Yet, we ask for respect and awareness. A loving and caring communion among people and all other beings is the best basis for sharing life together. The following can greatly improve your experience and the experience of others during your stay:
- Respect other people's space and silence. They might go through inner processes and need quiescence, sometimes solitude or a meditative space.
- Choose consciously what you fill your system with through any entry – whether that be mouth, ears or eyes. You might want to reduce distractions and diversion of energies. Entertainment, alcohol, "heavy" food, gossiping and Facebook are some common examples. Please, do not smoke weed while you stay with us.
- Most of the people coming also enjoy shared meals, deep sharing, and cooking or working together. You choose how much you want to participate in that.
During summer, 50% of the Workaway helpers who reserved beds with us have canceled their reservation with very short notice. This is not acceptable as our beds for helpers are limited and when you reserve a bed with us we will turn other requests down -- and at the same time, we are set up to rely on some helpers coming.
If you wish to reserve a bed with us, please, take your request seriously. If you need to cancel, please, inform us 14 days prior to your arrival date.