All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.8
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 48867
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 4, 2016
Situated in the beautiful countryside in Popovo, Targovishte two families have joined together to create a piece of paradise.
Emil (42 yrs-Bulgarian) and Gemma (31 yrs-English and Bulgarian speaking) and Gemmas 12 year old daughter and Kara and Louis, both english and in their late 40's- early 50's.
We are trying to create an eco farm, with livestock, farming veg and fruit, camping, tours in the area and create a place to come and learn all about jarring/preserving and the Bulgarian Lifestyle.
We have 8000 m2 of land, with a stream running beside it. and then we both have houses in the village with gardens too.
At the moment we have chickens and a pig, dogs and cats, pony, and 2 goats which are kept in our garden in our homes. But we plan to look into other lifestock. We just need to build the shelter and homes for them and the plan is to then take all the livestock to the plot of land.
So what kind of thing will we be doing in the next year.......
* clearing the land- strimming, chainsaw work and clearance- 2000m2 of the land is cleared and work in planting has begun.
* Building shelter/ homes for ducks/ rabbits/ chickens/ pigs and ostriches and maybe more
* ploughing the land and getting vegetables in
* planting fruit and nut trees
* making wooden chalet style rooms for guests to come and stay
* Concreting bases for tents and for buildings for bbq areas, seating areas and cooking areas etc
* making fences and closing the 8000m2 off
* cleaning the stream which flows beside the land, creating a dam for watering the crops. And maybe a pond or pool area.
* Looking after the animals we have now and new animals.
* Building bathrooms, toilets and maybe even a sauna room
Who and what are we looking for?
We are looking for one or two people to come at a time, but if we get offers for more people and they are willing to stay in tents, then this can also be catered for.
Children are also welcome in the summer holidays and we have two families that they can stay with. Myself and my fiance and 12 year old daughter. Or Louis and Kara, who are going into this adventure with us. Both houses are in the same village as the land, and is within walking distance.
We will also be getting a caravan in the next few months hopefully, so you will also have the option to come and stay on the land in a caravan with all your own amenities.
They will have there own room and bathroom and freedom to pick and choose what they want to help with.
We ask for 5 days a week work and on average around 6 -8 hours a day.
In return you get full board and food. And 2 days a week are yours to do as you wish. Sunday and one other day in the week.
We cook both vegetarian and meat dishes, as my daughter has been vegetarian from birth, so not a problem to cater for all needs.
We look forward to taking in helpers again this year and them helping us with our new project. New ideas and new visions are always welcome and we appreciate that there will be some that know more than we do about the farming and gardening side of it..... always welcome and will always be met with a listening ear.