All Year: Yes
Category: Accommodation Business
Host ID: 49304
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 11, 2017
--- update may 11: summer season is about to begin and we are willing to take helpers to visit Kokemäki. Sorry about delay with the responses, but we will answer to everyone as soon as possible. Quickest way to contact is to call or send text message. ---
I am running a retro-style small hotel/b&b in Kokemäki. Kokemäki is a municipality of almost 8000 inhabitants, situated in the province of Satakunta in southwestern Finland.
We also run a summer cafe in July with our family in an old house called Lääkäri. The Lääkäri house is a unique interior with the original 1930's decor. Traditional finnish old farmhouse with a sauna by the pond. The Finnish movie "Postia pappi Jaaakobille" was filmed in that house.
I welcome English speaking international helpers. I used to work in cruise ships and on those days I travelled for example around the USA. I've lived in New Zealand for four years and worked as a helper myself. Now I'm back in my hometown Kokemäki and have been running the hotel for six years. Taking care old houses, hotel and Lääkäri house and my mothers' house, and guests and so on,my days are full and helping hands are more than welcome. And as I cannot travel myself at the moment, it would be nice to have travelling people visiting me!
In a nearest larger city, Pori, there is Pori Jazz festival every summer. From Kokemäki to Pori is 40 kilometers and bus and train runs daily between Kokemäki and Pori.
My hotel, Kokemäen Seurahuone:
- upstairs: 6 rooms, small kitchen, TV in every room and in a lobby, sauna and shower
- downstairs: big kitchen, restaurant (open only on arrangement)
- basement: bar with a karaoke (open occasionally on weekends)
- terrace bar
- garden: garden bar, barbeque
If you are willing to help me with the laudry, cleaning, change linen in hotel rooms, helping in a summercafeteria Kaneli, dishwashing etc "household" tasks and / or outdoor maintenance/gardening at the Lääkäri house. I'll offer you:
* private single or double room in a hotel. Every room has a toilet and TV. Shared sauna and shower, hotel kitchen to cook. (If hotel is fullbooked, accomodation will be in a Lääkäri house)
* meals or grocery
* traditional Finnish sauna
* Some excursions around the area depending on my timetable.
If you have special skills please tell me: versatile know-how is always needed. There is always some small carpentry in a house or garden, sort-out storages etc. Working hours / day varies according to the situation (if there is event in a hotel etc) but on the average 5-6 hours/day, 5 days a week.
You can stay from one to three weeks.
Arriving to Kokemäki:
- bus from Helsinki busstation Kamppi to Kokemäki, I will pick you up from the busstop
- train Helsinki - Kokemäki, I will pick you up from the railwaystation
Please be sure to have an insurance to avoid unwanted surprises.
Photos (left to right): 1. Hotel 2. Lääkäri -house 3. Lääkäri house interior 4. Tarjahelena in a lääkäri house and cookies for the summercafe 5. Hotel interior 6. Hotel interior