All Year: Yes
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 49690
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 14, 2018
We are located in Trémel in Côtes d'Armor, in the middle of nowhere. Our closest neighbors are a herd of cows !!! But we have a lot of visits, especially in the summer, between HelpX, trainees, scouts, friends, etc ...
Five years ago, I decided to live the society as I conceived it, instead of constantly criticizing it. So I left my previous job and bought the farm where I currently live. Since then, I have set up solidarity projects:
2015: ? Establishment of the Grouped Habitat Tifolk
? Participation in the Swiss Association "Pumpipumpe" (network of neighbors sharing)
? Establishment of a "Insects Edible" (since in "stand by" since it does not comply with French legislation
? Beginning of the project "Renovation of the studio"
2016: ? Setting up a food garden, a shared garden and a self-service garden (Les Incroyables Edibles)
? Creation of a new drink based on Ginger concentrate
? My first beekeeping, with the acquisition of a hive (to start). We use the hive "Warré" for a better preservation of the life of the bee, and prefer its well-being to the harvest. Moreover, we have never harvested honey: we prefer the multiplication of swarms at the harvest (6 hives at the end of summer 2017 ;-)).
Thereafter, the harvest will serve:
To replace white or red sugar with honey in our daily diet
Currency exchange or barter
From food donations to associations or individuals
? Renewing the studio: moving ahead ...
2017: ? Installation of the greenhouse
? Construction of 6 permaculture tanks: 4 in "Indoor" and 2 in "Outdoor"
? Construction of 10 "Warre" type hives
? End of studio renovation
? Beginning of renovation of the 2nd outbuilding
? Set-up and development of lombri-compost which will serve:
To feed the greenhouse into earthworms that will aerate the earth without human intervention
To fertilize the soil of the cultivation via the supply of solid and liquid fertilizer (te of worms)
Money exchange / barter to the fishermen of the region as well as environmentally-friendly farmers
The 2018 trends:
? Construction of 15 "Warre" hives and 10 honey hikes
? Reflection on different water irrigation systems and implementation
? Renovation of the 2nd outbuilding: More
? Reflection on agricultural musicology and practice
? Specialization of the "Indoor" (Greenhouse) culture on "forgotten vegetables"
? Development and simplification of the Lombri-Compost process
? Shiitake begins cultivation, Japanese mushroom with multiple virtues
To give meaning to all these projects, traditional dances (folk) are very present around us: whether it is at home, in a ball or a festival, we dance enormously (am also a teacher of traditional dances of a couple: Valse, Mazurka, Scottish, Polka ...)
But here, being alone to carry all these projects, I get a little breathless ... the idea is to share all these ideas with motivated people ... why not you !!!
Organization: 5 hours / day help. This can be, depending on weather, finances and emergencies:
Gardening, Masonry, Cabinetmaking, Renovation, Kitchen, Weeding, Storage, etc.
We try, as far as possible, to propose works according to the skills and desires of the Helpeurs.
Besides that, there are household chores for the common areas: kitchen, dishes, vacuum cleaner, etc. (about 15 to 30 minutes / day).
How to get to Tifolk:
· By car or Stop: On the N12 (Ax Rennes / Brest), stop at the exit "Guerlesquin / Plestin-Les-Gréves / Trémel" and I will pick you up by car, on the co- voiturage
· By train: Arret Morlaix, then take the bus line "Morlaix-Lannion" and stop at the tourist office of "Plestin-Les-Gréves"
· By Car: On the N12 (Ax Rennes / Brest), take the exit "Guerlesquin / Plestin-Les-Gréves / Trémel". At the stop sign, turn right, direction "Plestin-Les-Gréves / Trémel". As soon as you enter the village of Trémel, turn right at the foot of the church. Tifolk is located 2-3 km, on your right (old farmhouse with a large lawn and a yurt)
Upcoming events in Tifolk:
· Close to the sea (10 minutes by car): superb walks to do, and I can make you discover places wild, secrets that tourists do not know !!!
· Shellfish picking: At low tide, when the weather is good, we stop all work in progress and we will pick up the hulls or mussels at the beach. From time to time, we will sin the knives, and we taste them the next day ... Succulent meals !!!
· Wi-fi throughout the main house and 2 caravans
· Passionate about Hang drum (musical instrument). I have two that I willingly lend. The melodious sound of this instrument is very pleasant and very relaxing
· The yurt: Coveted round habit (electric point)
· Camp fires and other vigils, especially when the scouts are there !!!
· Folk dances !!! Being very present in folk festivals, I know all the folks (France especially, but also Europe). So I can inducte you easily, and teach you the basic steps. The atmosphere is very friendly. It's a great experience to live !!!
· Friendliness, sharing, smiles, self-help
Les - (because there are also !!!)
· I speak only the French language. The exchanges are therefore a little limited, but it promises a lot of laughter !!!
· The rooms: 4 caravans at the end of their life which only need to be repaired; Summer is fine, but winter is a bit more difficult
· Insects (one is in the countryside)
· My availability
Well, I think I've done the trick. Now I'm waiting for you for new adventures !!!