All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 71
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 5538
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 13, 2017
Hi please check out our web site and facebook page . we are a farm cattle, pigs,chooks etc but have native animals too . We run small guided tours on our farm/wildlifepark as per bookings. Our back round is wildlife parks and we have been in the industry since 1952 Bredls Wild Farm is a new concept of ours and totally unique. we require volunteers just to help with day to day activities. Here is examlpe put together by a volunteer of day to day job sheet.
Welcome to the Bredlís Wild farm :)
This document is created by volunteers for volunteers. It helps to understand what needs to be done (and helps to remind you, like a check-list).
If you donít understand a task or if you donít feel good about anything, please ask Cherie, Daniel or Zeb. There is never a stupid question!
Donít hesitate to update or write more information on this paper. In nature, nothing is stable, same for this document!
We hope youíll enjoy this place and we wish youíll take care of every living thing.
- Show happens from 10am till 2pm
- Morning jobs need to be completed by 9:00am
- Day off on Sunday
- Mixed animals (kangaroos, wallabies, emu, deer ( her name is Bubble), etc...
2 loafs of sliced bread if there is a show during the day
,or 4 or 5 if there isnít a show
- Boots the cockatoo:
1 apple + 3/4 bowl of seeds
- Bruce the rat kangaroo:
1/4 bowl of seeds
All the cages
- Fill holes around and inside
- Clean floor with rake (poo, leaves...)
- Clean and fill the water bowls
- Take out fruits from the possum and gliderís bowls (citrus in the rubbish, the rest on the ground for the mixed animals
... and extra at the 3 Koalas cages ( Phoebe, number 3 and Tilly)
- Flush the water in the branchís tubes; push the hose down the tube as far as possible and allow the water to flush out for 30 seconds.
- Water the leaves
- Move up branches if necessary
- Clean seats and floor at the 2 areas (mixed animals and crocs next to the house)
- Clean toilets and fill toilet paper rolls
- Clean croc-tour truck; sweep and wipe down seats
- 3 Koalas : water trees
- Possum, Gliders, Bruce : give fruits
- Cockatoo : fill holes, check water
- Mixed animals (especially mammals) : give 4 loafs of square bread
And also during the day
- Water plants around dogs home
- Give milk to Tilly and Number 3 (after the show)
- Put up the steps of the croc-tour truck after the show (to stop children climbing up and playing around)
- Check the dogsí kennels when theyíre out (fill water, sweep bed, clean up poo, ...)
- If you see something that needs doing, ask Cherie, Daniel or Zeb and they can help you make it happen.
- In the house, be responsible and show initiative (wash dishes, dry dishes and put them away, sweep inside the house and on the concrete patio, mop, hang laundry, ....)
This is just an idea of the type of jobs it can vary depending on what is going on .
we only take 2 people at a time with a minimum stay of 2 weeks . NO VEGETARIANS SORRY
hope to hear from you Cherie & Daniel