All Year: Yes
Area (ha): .5
Host ID: 55466
Region: South Australia
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 22, 2018
Visit the Limestone Coast, volcanic lakes, & city of caves - Mount Gambier, South Australia
TAKE THE SCENIC ROUTE BETWEEN MELBOURNE & ADELAIDE - ALONG THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD & THE COORONG
A tranquil country home in Mount Gambier--the halfway point between Adelaide and Melbourne and only two hours from the start of the Great Ocean Road (western end).
Our home is a large, modern home in a tranquil and relaxing country setting. We are six kilometres from the centre of the rural city centre of Mount Gambier—the scenic city of caves and sinkholes and home to the world renowned Blue Lake.
Our home is spacious, peaceful and relaxing with easy access to the centre of Mount Gambier and surrounding tourist attractions.
We are an active, mature couple. We gravitate towards people who are open-hearted, generous of spirit, and happy-go-lucky. Most of the people we surround ourselves with have a love for life, have stories to tell, and have a positive outlook on life.
We are animal lovers—we have 4 dogs, 2 chickens, and a bathtub of goldfish.
We love being outdoors in nature and looking after our 1¼ acres of garden.
Our home is a ‘No smoking, No drug and No alcohol’ home. (If you smoke you can smoke outside.)
You will have:-
- a private bedroom with clean linen and towels
- a private ensuite bathroom with shower
- internet (limited) - can check emails and do a bit of surfing but cannot download movies
- laundry facilities
- Breakfast and dinner provided - I am a great cook but what I don't cook is vegetarian meals. If you are a meat eater and like country cooking you it will be a good fit.
We would like to host people who have any or all of the following skills:-
Building Skills (Build a pergola)
Work is generally done in the mornings then you have the rest of the day and evening to explore our beautiful city.
We are happy to do short term exchanges (3 – 5 days).
- Have a good work ethic and be able to work unsupervised and be able to use your initiative.
- Take pride in your work.
- Be a willing worker. If you are half-hearted in your approach to work you will not fit in here and you will be asked to leave.
- Be tidy and clean up after yourself.
The exchange is a work/accommodation & meals exchange. You work 4.5 hours per day in exchange for one night's accommodation plus breakfast and dinner is provided (you take care of your lunch).
Upon arrival you are required to:-
- Fill in a Personal Details form.
- Have your passport photocopied.
- Pay a fully refundable key deposit of AUD$25.00.
If you think you can make a positive contribution in our home and you believe we could be a good match please get in touch.
Please make an initial enquiry by email and...
(a) State what skills and experience you have;
(b) State how you believe you can assist us through the HelpX exchange;
(c) State the date you would like to arrive and the length of time you would like to stay.
You are most welcome to leave your phone number and we will call you.
Please do not enquire without a photo or without stating how you believe you can assist.
Check In/Arrival Time at my home is between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. An arrival time outside of this can be negotiated so please ask and I can let you know one way or the other.
What is close by?
• Umpherston Caves (2.5kms)
• Oatmill Cinema– (5.5kms)
• Swimming Pool (5.5kms)
• Valley Lakes (6kms)
• Centenary Tower (6kms)
• Cave Gardens (6kms)
• Local shops and cafes (6kms)
• The Rail Lands (walking and cycling track)(6kms)
• Blue Lake (6.5kms)
• The Apple Farm (10kms)
• The Little Blue Lake (20kms)
• Mount Schank (Dormant Volcanic) Crater (20kms)
• Port MacDonnell Beach (25kms)
• The Glenelg River Mouth (30kms)
• Princess Margaret Rose Caves (30kms)
• Piccaninnie Ponds Conservation Park (30kms) (World Famous for Diving)
• Ewans Ponds (30kms)