All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 130
Persons: 1 - 6
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 55977
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 22, 2018
We offer a unique animal experience on our farm. Our goal on the farm is to make a difference in peoples and animals lives by giving the opportunity to interact with our animals and farm in a very personal way. The majority of the animals roam around the farm so everyone can feed and get to know them. You can't help but smile and feel good:) We offer public hours for people to come visit the animals on the farm as well as private functions like birthday parties and business functions. We are very busy from April - October when we open the gates for public hours, we do only private functions during the winter. We have a variety of farm animals including goats, rabbits, horses, ponies, donkeys, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, sheep, alpaca, llama, wallaroo and a cow .
We are looking for help with:
- Daily chores which includes feeding and watering all the animals.
- Maintaing clean houses and pens for the animals.
- Oh, and maintaining a clean house and pens for us to!
- Grooming the animals.
- Keeping the farm clean and tidy.
- Collecting firewood
- We are always building and upgrading pens and homes for the animals.
- When we are open to the public/private functions we have to get the farm and animals ready.
- We have a campfire going when we are open which needs to be kept going.
- When we are open, interacting with the public sharing whatever knowledge you have of the animals and farm.
- When we are open, making sure the animals are being treated in a good manor.
- When we are open, helping people get on a horse or pony.
*** These are just some of the tasks at the farm, we will work with you to tailor the tasks that suit you:)
- Work days are typically between 4-6 hours.
Activities you can do on the farm:
- Horseback riding.
- Hiking/biking, there are beautiful trails on our land.
- Pool Table.
- Canoeing on lakes or rivers.
- Dinosaur museum.
- Pioneer museum.
- Old blacksmith shop and museum.
- Nitehawk adventure park, ski, snowboard, luge track, tube park, freestyle water ramp, gravity mountain bike park.
You will stay in the house with us and are welcome to join us with any activities we do. I do yoga 3 days a week in Grande Prairie which you can come along if your up for some yoga. We are a vegetarian family and buy organic as much as possible. As far as preparing meals it all depends what we arrange with you and other helpers that may be here. It ranges from making meals together, taking turns making supper to cooking for yourself whichever works best:).
Our farm is situated on top of a hill with a great view, it's a magical farm!! If your looking for some peace and quite with the exception of a few fury friends you'll love it! We have the best view anywhere around, everyday looks a little different. The winters are amazing on the farm, its very quiet and peaceful. You can check out our Facebook page out at "Down To Earth Farms Petting Zoo". Grande Prairie is 25 minutes away and has everything you would need, it has a population of around 65 000 people. There are many cool places to see locally. Have a Great Day! Shane