All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 130
Persons: 1 or 2
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 55977
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 24, 2017
We offer a unique animal experience on our farm. Our goal on the farm is to make a difference in peoples and animals lives by giving the opportunity to interact with our animals in a very personal way. The majority of the animals roam around the farm so everyone can feed and get to know them. You can't help but smile and feel good:) We offer public hours for people to come visit the animals on the farm as well as private functions like birthday parties and business functions. We are very busy from April - October when we open the gates for public hours, we do only private functions during the winter. We have a variety of farm animals including goats, rabbits, horses, ponies, donkeys, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, sheep, alpaca, llama, wallaroo and a cow .
We are looking for help with:
- Daily chores which includes feeding and watering all the animals.
- Maintaing clean houses and pens for the animals.
- Grooming the animals.
- Keeping the farm clean and tidy.
- Collecting firewood
- We are always building and upgrading pens and homes for the animals.
- When we are open to the public/private functions we have to get the farm and animals ready.
- We have a campfire going when we are open which needs to be kept going.
- When we are open, interacting with the public sharing whatever knowledge you have of the animals.
- When we are open, making sure the animals are being treated in a good manor.
- When we are open, helping people get on a horse or pony.
- When we are open giving pony rides.
*** These are just some of the tasks at the farm, we will work with you to tailor the tasks that suit you:)
Activities you can do on the farm:
- Horseback riding.
- We have quads to ride.
- Hiking/biking, there are beautiful trails on our land.
- Pool Table.
- Canoeing on lakes or rivers.
- Dinosaur museum.
- Pioneer museum.
- Old blacksmith shop and museum.
- Nitehawk adventure park, ski, snowboard, luge track, tube park, freestyle water ramp, gravity mountain bike park.
We have a cabin in the heart of the farm you get to call your own, nothing like the heat from a wood fire to fall asleep to and wake up to in the morning! You have the option to stay in the cabin or the house. The meals are prepared in the house, we are vegetarian but can accommodate whatever foods you like.
Our farm is situated on top of a hill with a great view, it's a magical farm!! If your looking for some peace and quite with the exception of a few fury friends you'll love it! We have the best view anywhere around, everyday looks a little different. The winters are amazing on the farm, its very quiet and peaceful. You can check out our Facebook page out at "Down To Earth Farms Petting Zoo". Grande Prairie is 25 minutes away and has everything you would need, it has a population of around 65 000 people. There are many cool places to see locally. Have a Great Day! Shane