All Year: Yes
Category: Accommodation Business
Host ID: 56594
Region: Lower North Island
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 5, 2017
An opportunity to stay in unique part of the rural Wairarapa coast in a charming house with beautiful garden, stunning views and an interesting area to explore!
- you will be paid in board and food and I hope that you would like to work up to 4.5 hours per day
- your work is self directed and you may be left at the only property for some period
- cooking: either we can share or I cook for you
- bedroom: either the 2nd bedroom inside the house or your own private sleep out
- you'll have plenty of free time to enjoy
*see the AirBnb web page link for more info on the property
The following job is the current priority:
- Riparian planting. Cut willows and plant native plants in the creek
Throughout the year, there are the following ongoing options to help:
- keeping up vegetable gardens
- spring clean inside to keep the Airbnb looking good!
- retrieve seaweed for vegetable gardens (May -Sep)
- gardening: pulling weeds, planting indigenous trees & other native plants, cutting branches and removing invasive plants
- building stairs, building compost, other handywork
- cleaning chimney
- a neighbor, who is also the Airbnb cleaner, has mentioned she has some odd jobs. We could strike an arrangement where you stay at this property and work at hers for any period that I am away.
This would suit someone who:
- is available for a period no less than 1 week, no more than 6 weeks
- likes to surf, dive, hunt, hike
- would enjoy staying in a rural setting