All Year: No
Area (ha): 0,3
Host ID: 58184
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 17, 2017
Get experience in yurt building!
We are Sanne and Marc, a couple from the Netherlands.
We are living with our 2 year old boy Yoel in a tiny village. It's in a nice agricultural valley close to Mafra and Sintra and the atlantic ocean.
We're renting a field where we want to put up a yurt, and we're in the process of constructing different parts of the yurt, from scratch.
We need 1-2 people to help us out with the building and other jobs. You're welcome to come for any amount of time!
We're looking for people who can take care of themselves: we can't entertain you every evening or have three meals a day waiting for you. Sanne is currently recovering from a burnout and can't be a very social host. Therefore we count on you to prepare your own breakfast and dinner, and we see the cooking of lunch as one of the jobs to be done each day by a different person.
- making the walls: tying knots, cutting bamboo, tying more knots ---> almost done!
- making roof poles: peeling and steam bending the poles, and cutting them to the right size
- felt insulation: cutting and sewing the felt to the right size
- baby sitting: entertaining Yoel, so Sanne can also work on the yurt or get some rest
- cooking & washing up
- are you a carpenter and you like to work on something original? we still need help building the doors! (the doorframes are almost finished)
- some work on the land, clearing bushes etc.
- building a work shed
- a big four person tent with a mattress to sleep on, or possibly a caravan
- use of toilet, shower and kitchen
- the food (fruit/cereal/bread/cheese for breakfast and dinner, and a decent vegetarian meal for lunch)
If you don't have your own transport, we can pick you up somewhere. Without transport you can go for walks to the nearby river, hillside or village and hang out and enjoy the views.
With your own transport or public transport there are lots of things to visit in the area: Sintra and Mafra are nice tourist towns, and there are beautiful beaches near.