All Year: Yes
Host ID: 58547
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 5, 2018
This is a French, German, Spanish and Italian learning and mentoring program organized and lead in an immersion form of “language villages” enabling language and cultural exchange between native speakers and Polish participants. All you have to do is to come here, relax and converse with our Polish participants in your mother tongue in order to help them to improve their language skills. It is a great way to learn about Poland by meeting its people, and a good chance to make some new friends from around the world.
DATES OF OUR LANGUAGE VILLAGES IN 2018
French-speaking language villages: 18 - 23 June, 25 - 30 June, 2 - 7 July, 9 - 14 July
Spanish-speaking language villages: 16 - 21 July, 23 - 28 July
German-speaking language villages: 30 - 4 August, 6 - 11 August, 13 - 18 August, 20 - 25 August
Italian-speaking language villages: 27 - 1 September, 3 - 8 September
In the framework of our program (6 days – from Monday to Saturday) we will offer:
- Free accommodation for six action-packed days in a charming hotel in the countryside of Poland
- Full board during a 6 – day program includes four meals a day at the hotel restaurant (excellent traditional Polish cuisine)
- Free transport from Lódz to the venue (on Monday morning) and from the hotel to Lódz (Saturday afternoon)
- A tour around Lódz (a city rich in history, in the heart of Poland) or the venue's surronundings
- A great opportunity to meet, connect and learn from successful professionals from Poland
- Invaluable teaching experience (we will give you references)
- A week full of memories, new friends, and an introduction to a new culture
- Different interesting cultural and sports activities
It is an informal and relaxed learning environment, perfect if you like meeting new people, learning about their lives, and sharing your own stories and adventures.
It is important that helpers speak the language of the village (French, German, Spanish or Italian) as their native or mother tongue. We do not accept people speaking the above languages as a foreign language.
We kindly encourage you to stay with us for more than one week! If you chose this option please let us know that you would like to attend multiple dates.
We have one year experience in HelpX community and we hope that you will trust us and of course we will do our best so that your participation in the program is an unforgettable adventure and an amazing inter-cultural and linguistic experience.
We express our admiration for foreign languages, an interest in other people and their cultures, professionalism emerging from our experience and an enormous passion linked with our activities aiming at bringing together people from all over the world :)
TYPE OF HELP:
We are seeking conversation in French/German/Spanish/Italian language with Polish participants. Volunteers will take part in one-on-one conversations and creative group activities.
No teaching experience is necessary. What is most important is that you are open-minded, that you enjoy talking with other people and that you express interest in what others have to say. What we would like to see, is you showing interest in teaching your native language from a wide variety of interesting educational aspects, and helping other who would like to learn this language.
Our program takes place at a charming hotel calles "Mlynczysko" (Old Mill) in the Polish countryside, located between Lódz and Warsaw.
The hotel is a 5 year old modern building, made of wood. It is situated in a green area with ponds, bordering a forest. The place is surrounded by beautiful forests and many historic sights which we will visit and explore during the course. The venue offers many attractions such as fishing, biking, nordic walking, outdoor gym equipmenyts, campfires and a local bar. All of the above will be available through the 6 day course.
Each room has a private bathroom. The rooms are usually twin rooms and you will share one with another participant.
The hotel’s standard is very good and the meals served by the hotel's restaurant are delicious.
WHAT ELSE ...
We would like you to feel comfortable and competent while participating in our program, therefore, we would like you to participate before the program starts by doing the following:
- availability to speak via skype to one of our coordinators before the start of our program in order to answer any burning questions and help alleviate any uncertainties
- possible FB discussions with an assigned group of people volunteering here to exchange ideas and to support each other
- we will email all handouts that will be used during the course (for example proposed conversation themes) so that you are not surprised and can think about your role in advance.
During the program of the 6 days our coordinators will be there to support and help you if needed.
At the end of the program each participant will receive feedback from the coordinator, from the volunteers who will be responsible for the conversation and from other participants.
Taking part in our language villages is not only a way to expand your cultural knowledge, but also the possibility to gain teaching experience while testing your teaching methods. It will also allow you to explore new job opportunities by leading interesting conversations, by improvizing lessons and by acting out scenes and mentoring learners. Exploring your creative side is also a huge factor in this type of work :)