All Year: No
Host ID: 58928
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: October 17, 2017
The helper I had lined up for November hasn't made it to NZ yet so I will most likely be looking for someone from around 5th November. George the puppy is now 6 months old, still growing fast, and has reached the bouncy stage. He now doesn't need the constant vigilance for toilet/house training that he did when he was little and can be left for periods of time every day. On that basis I am also asking the helper to cook a couple of nights a week, and to work on a small outside project while you are here.
There will be plenty of time to hang outside in my garden, go for your own walks, watch Netflix, or work on your own projects!
I live in lovely Wellington city in the sunny (and quirky) suburb of Newtown / Berhampore in a pretty double-bay wooden villa. I am a single (very social) woman who runs a successful design and technology company. I enjoy having guests and the opportunity to share my knowledge about this lovely city.
I am looking for some help mostly during Monday to Friday during the day from an experienced pet-owner and animal lover over the next couple of months to help keep my 6 month old golden retriever puppy company, and support him learning good manners. Also some very lightweight help around the house.
I am looking for a helper who:
- loves both dogs and cats!
- has lots of genuine recent hands-on experience with larger dogs (walking, handling, consistent behaviours, understanding body language etc).
- understands what rewards-based training is
- actually enjoys cooking. I have had multiple awesome helpers in a row and only one of them has felt comfortable in a kitchen. I would really like someone who is prepared to cook a couple of nights a week!
- is happy to take George the puppy for 30-40 minute walks every morning on weekdays, and a late afternoon walk as well if I have to be home late
- is able to keep the kitchen clean and tidy everyday
- is willing to take on a clean-up project outside which you can do at your own pace at while you are with me
- is prepared to get up early one day a week
- is able to stay for 2-4 weeks.
- must be clean and tidy and clear up after yourself.
I also have three friendly Burmese cats - so no cat allergies!
I am looking for help from people who love dogs and cats, who are kind and calm and sensible with animals and able to follow a practical daily routine with the puppy - as well as ensuring he doesn't chase the cats!
My past helpers included a graphic designer and a freelance script / copy writer. This worked very well for them as they got to hang out with the puppy but also get some of their freelance work done.
A morning person is going to find this easiest.
Food, internet, comfy accommodation included. Central heating! Wifi, Netflix etc all included. Bus stop with great route right on the corner of the street. Quick walk down to Newtown shops, cafes and restaurants and really close to the centre of town (walking distance). Lots of good nature walks around where I live as well.
I have a lovely big sunny spare bedroom with a big super king bed. No smoking, no drugs, no parties in the house.