All Year: Yes
Host ID: 60273
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 19, 2017
I was a helper in 2016 while travelling and I loved the experience. So now that I need some help with odd jobs around my beautiful apartment I would like to try out hosting. I am looking for helpers from time to time for periods between 1 and 3 weeks. Currently I am only considering helpers with skills to help me with the more difficult jobs listed below. The kinds of jobs I need done include:
- carpentry (eg making built-in shelves, assembling a bookcase, sanding and re-varnishing the kitchen table, sanding/re-varnishing window shutters, and making and/or hanging a wall cabinet for tea/spices)
- switching my spotlights to led lights
- installing a ductless range hood
- installing a water-filter
- helping me clear out and reorganise the cellar and other smaller storage areas in the apartment
- maintaining/extending my window-sill herb garden
- affixing a large splash-back to the kitchen wall
- hanging picture frames, installing wall-hooks
- piano tuning
- cleaning windows
- some small sewing jobs, including with a sewing machine
You would be expected to work 4-5 hours per day, 5 days per week.
I would also consider hosting an experienced yoga, guitar, Russian or other language instructor who would be willing to give me lessons.
My apartment is in a lovely old house in Petite France, the most picturesque area of Strasbourg, not far from the train station. Check out photos of my flat on the website link above.
As a helper you would have your own very comfortable room with en suite bathroom. Food would be included. I am a fish-eating vegetarian and we would take turns preparing dinner for us to have together. You would therefore help yourself to any supplies to make your own breakfast and lunch, as well as some dinners. There is no TV but I have high-speed internet and wifi for you to use.
You would have the use of a bicycle during your stay to get around Strasbourg and to explore the extensive bike paths out of town if you like.
Apart from English and Italian, which are my native languages, I speak French, German and Spanish and I am learning Russian. I love to practice all of these and learn about other languages, too. If there is a language you prefer to practice during your stay I would be happy to stick to that one to help you improve it.