All Year: Yes
Host ID: 7239
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: October 9, 2016
I came back from Northern Italy 3 years ago and I'm fixing up the country house to make it productive with my father and brother. We are the owner together with my ant and grandmother. We still don't have a clear project but I'm personally interested in permaculture and I would like to follow this way.
Me and my father are vegetarian.
You will stay in our family's country house.
The volunteer tasks that we need help with are mainly at open air.
Right now we have things to do like:
- House cleanings
- Clean the gardens collecting all the possible stuff, like bricks and woods, and set some order.
- Set up an area as plant's nursery
- Switch an ex chicken house into a storeroom for garden tools
- Clean a vintage water tank
- Cut grass with a brush cutter (only if you have experience with that)
5 hours for day, 5 days for week, we prefer if you plan to stay at least a week.
Would be useful too to have people who have experience, or are TRULY motivated in:
- Painting, metal and walls.
- Stone wall, making them
We can offer: different accomodations, depending on the season and the numbers of guests, breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarians/vegans are welcome), wifi internet, free use of swimming pool (available in summer), some shared bikes, i can even try to give Italian lessons. The beach is far almost 2km, and the train station (Roccalumera-Mandanici) 1,5km, from there you can reach:
Messina 30Km (the closest biggest city),
Taormina 15Km (a very popular touristic destination),
Catania 70km (a bigger city of Messina, closest airport, from here you can get to Etna)
Siracusa 130Km (a city but even a touristic destination)
for timetables, prices, and buy tickets (usually is not possible to buy tickets on board):
local bus companies:
1. View from the house, you can see Rocchenere, and far on the coast, a little part of Roccalumera and Furci.
2. The swimming pool
3. The house.
4. A little garden
5. Where we grow some vegetables. For this season we alreday planted potatoes, pumpkins and corn.
6. The valley behind us.