All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 13.75 ha/34 acres
Persons: ..., many !
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 7327
Region: Western Australia
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 17, 2017
UPDATED - SATURDAY, Dec 15, 2017
Are you in the Margaret River area.., travelling in a camper van(or similar).., maybe there's a few of you ? Are you looking for a beautiful, quiet and safe, bush campsite..., with toilets and solar rainwater showers ? There are camp sites here on my small farm..., and we very close to ocean, forests and towns. Kangaroo, emu and other wildlife roam freely and safely here. Hamelin Bay is very close..., or you can walk to National Park forest tracks from your camp here. This area is the unchanged, unspoilt by tourism part of Margaret River ! There is also a self contained caravan(in another private location), available for helper/visitors use.
In this corner of the south west we have the best weather in the state right now..., it's comfortably warm and dry..., with a cooling afternoon sea breeze ! Everything here is by mutual agreement and negotiation..., hour, type of work, accommodation etc etc. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have...?
How I can assist you......, I can help helper/visitors with the kind of information that only long time locals will know. I can also share info about organic growing methods, "low impact sustainable living"(permaculture). If I am not busy, I can take you by 4WD to special local beaches.., forests.., caves.., walking or cycling trails. If there is no swell, I can direct you to some very beautiful and safe snorkelling places. There's also a range of great surfing beaches close by - safe beaches for learners and more challenging beaches for more experienced surfers..., just minutes away ! There's a chance we can go and catch some fish for the evening meal ! Or you can just chill in a hammock..., in the shade of a Peppermint tree. There is just so much to do here..., and all so very close by.
How can you help me...., I would like some help to mow down the grass(ride on mower), raking up grass, collect sticks, weed/water garden and orchard, some house cleaning or cooking ? I make things with metal and timber - maybe you can assist me with that ? Some house painting ? Or..., maybe you have your own special skills to share with me ?
I ask for 2 hours help per day/per person or 12 hours per week - in exchange for somewhere to camp, toilet and hot showers.
We are very sorry but we don't usually provide meals or wifi...., but there is a vegie garden that you can help yourself to.
- (1) Visitor/helpers need to demonstrate they can speak and understand English - it's important we understand each other.
- (2) We prefer helpers who are interested in permaculture, organic gardening, sustainable living and looking after the land we live on.
- (3) We prefer visitor/helpers are self contained with their own camper van, vehicle, tent and/or camping equipment - there's many really cool and private camp sites here. I can help out with tables, chairs and other outdoor kitchen stuff.
- (4) We are very sorry but can NOT sign for your second year visa.
- (5) Artists or creative people are especially welcome here.
- (6) Happy and enthusiastic travellers are also especially welcome.
Play time - In your free time it's possible to go surfing, bush walking and mountain bike riding in the National Park forest beside us, or relax with a book in one of the hammocks, go beach walking, swimming or snorkling at Hamelin Bay..., the list of outdoor activities is almost endless. I usually go fishing once or twice a week and weather permitting helpers are welcome to join us. I can also help visitors to find work in the local area. Margaret River and Augusta are a short drive away.
There's very good 4G coverage here - pre-paid with Telstra or Optus.
(1) Where Karri trees and pasture meet.
(2) White sand beach at Boranup. A 3 km walk through quiet forest trails from my little farm.
(3) Secret crayfish holes right on the shoreline !
(4) Karri tree (Eucalyptus diversicolor).
(5) Indian ocean bounty.
(6) Private fishing hole - north end of Hamelin Bay.