All Year: Sept till May
Area (ha): 13.75 ha/34 acres
Persons: 2 or 4
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 7327
Region: Western Australia
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 22, 2018
UPDATED = 19/02/18
Hello travellers...., are you in the Margaret River area and looking for somewhere to camp and not spend so much money for accommodation..., maybe you're working in the area..., or you are looking for work in the area(vineyards) ? I can help find you find work ! If you're a 'couple' in a camper van or self contained in a car..., you'll be looking for somewhere with toilets and showers ? I can help with that also !
If you have friends in vans who're also looking for a special camp site, where they won't be hassled by the local 'camping police' ? ....., YES, I can help with all of that stuff that you will need to know !
PLUS..., I can help with some extra things to make your camp more comfortable..., tables, chairs, ice blocks to keep your food fresh..., plus other things.
Visitor/helpers who're interested in camping here will find there are many very nice shaded and private camp sites..., some with rainwater on tap. We are right beside a forest and very close to Hamelin Bay. Margaret River is 20 min away and Augusta is 15 min away.
1. Visitor/helpers must be able to speak and understand English well - this is for the safety of everyone.
2. I can't sign off for your 2nd year visa.
3. I'm very sorry..., I'm not able to provide meals..., but.., sometimes we do get together and share meals...., as a general rule helpers must be able to feed and shelter themselves.
4. We prefer people wanting to come here to be interested or experienced in 'organic food growing' or 'Permaculture' because on this small farm I grow or locally source for most of our own food.
5. Very sorry but I won't take helpers who have sent many requests to many hosts.
DETAILS...., I can help helper/visitors with important local information re; work.., info that only long time locals will know. I can also share info about organic growing methods, "low impact sustainable living"(permaculture). If I am not busy, I can take you by 4WD to special local beaches.., forests.., caves.., walking or cycling trails. If there is no swell, I can direct you to some very beautiful and safe snorkelling places. There's also a range of great surfing beaches close by - safe beaches for learners and more challenging beaches for more experienced surfers..., just minutes away ! There's a chance we can go and catch some fish for the evening meal ! Or you can just chill in a hammock..., in the shade of a Peppermint tree. There is just so much to do here..., and all so very close by.
How can you help me ? The work here is ridiculously easy - Type of help required - mowing down grass(ride on mower), raking up grass and putting into compost piles..., collecting sticks and bark, weeding and watering gardens/orchard..., sometimes house cleaning or cooking if you like cooking ? Also, I make things with metal and timber - maybe you can assist me with that ?..., or maybe some house painting ? Or..., maybe you have your own special skills to share ? Artists or creative people are especially welcome here.
Play time - In your free time it's possible to go surfing, bush walking and mountain bike riding in the National Park forest beside us, or relax with a book in one of the hammocks, go beach walking, swimming or snorkling at Hamelin Bay..., the list of outdoor activities is almost endless. I usually go fishing once or twice a week and weather permitting helpers are welcome to join us. I can also help visitors to find work in the local area. Margaret River and Augusta are a short drive away.
There's very good 4G coverage here - pre-paid with Telstra or Optus.
(1) Where Karri trees and pasture meet.
(2) White sand beach at Boranup. A 3 km walk through quiet forest trails from my little farm.
(3) Secret crayfish holes right on the shoreline !
(4) Karri tree (Eucalyptus diversicolor).
(5) Indian ocean bounty.
(6) Private fishing hole - north end of Hamelin Bay.