Noah Citron, 23
from United States
Email: click here
Present Country: United States
Join Date: March 13, 2012
Last Updated: August 25, 2013
Last Signed In: November 17, 2013
Current location: Bellingham, WA, USA.
NOT presently seeking hosts, thanks.
What can I help you with?:
- Tutoring (English/math/Spanish/science/computer literacy/...)
- Computer (software help, troubleshooting, tutoring, Mac or PC)
- Yardwork (projects, weeding, pruning, digging, chopping, anything you can think of)
- Construction (repairs/projects that you've been putting off doing...?)
- Filing (excellent sorting abilities)
- Anything else (I learn quickly, and am a very diligent and effective worker; I value my time as I do yours, and I aim to make the best use of the time I spend helping you).
Who am I?
I am an avid learner and learn quickly (but if I'm not sure about how to carry out a project of yours, I'll let you know). I like to create and maintain things. I'm outgoing and enjoy stimulating interactions but I also value being alone and having "me-time" to recharge. I prefer a grounded approach to most things, but that doesn't mean I can't be very spontaneous. I am quite easygoing and get along with almost everyone I've ever met, and I have a big heart by nature. I value kindness and appreciate the simple things in life. I am conscientious, observant, and hold myself to a high integrity standard. I am great with animals. I also like hugs.
A bit about my working knowledge:
- Throughout high school and college, I've held jobs in childcare, tutoring, catering, yard-work, and construction, as well as research projects at Wesleyan University and at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (with a broad focus on water chemistry).
I have some knowledge of landscaping, gardening, and a few limited experiences with construction, painting, permaculture, and farming.
Also, during college (Wesleyan University, CT, USA), I worked as a Software Consultant at the Computer Helpdesk at Wesleyan (where I gained an understanding of computer software troubleshooting, installations, maintenance, and health-checking; I am a patient tutor for computer users of all levels of computer literacy).
I thoroughly enjoy sailing, including small boats and tall ships, and participating in a variety of athletic endeavors (I am pretty active).
So I have dabbled in many things and always am looking for opportunities to learn and explore and find new practical knowledge.
- I enjoy doing manual labor and seeing the results (harvesting fruits, veggies, or even "just" digging a hole in the ground can all be very satisfying results!). I also like the feeling of contributing to a goal that can only be realized by group collaboration.
- I am hardworking, thorough, clean, and LOVE to cook and eat healthy, hearty, creative meals using local in-season organic ingredients whenever available.
- I am fluent in English, have a basic conversational Italian, and speak some Spanish (used to be fluent, now mostly replaced by Italian), and enjoy learning and thinking about languages.
- I am non-smoking.
Something I've done lately that I'd like to share:
- I recently participated in a research cruise aboard a tall ship (a beautiful 134' brigantine), investigating plastic debris in the open ocean between Southern California and the Hawaiian Islands. If you are interested in learning about the trip (photos and videos and blog about life and research on our sailing ship) please visit www.sea.edu/plastics
And of course, I always enjoy sharing my experience and enthusiasm for the ocean with others and would love to share with you!
I spent last summer helpx-ing across Southern Europe, and had a great time and want to do it all again! Below are some helpx experiences.