Becky Cackett, 29
from United Kingdom
Email: click here
Present Country: United Kingdom
Join Date: April 21, 2017
Last Updated: February 27, 2018
Last Signed In: March 4, 2018
Please not that I am not currently looking for opportunities!
My name's Becky and I've lived in the countryside in Surrey, England, for most of my life. Since leaving university in 2010 I've been working in London and for the last five years have worked as a charity fundraiser. Although I enjoy my job I've become tired of the grey London skies and endless days stuck inside an office...and so when my current work contract ends I am planning to travel through South And Central America where I'm hoping to spend more time outdoors, learning some new skills and getting my hands dirty!
I plan to arrive in Ecuador in late September 2017.
How I could help you:
- I am a good cook and love to try new foods (I'm not a fussy eater) and I would love to cook you some British specialities...if you're brave enough!
- I have some (limited) experience growing vegetables such as tomatos, potatoes, chillies, courgettes, etc.
- I am a hard worker, in good fitness and am not afraid of getting dirty! I am also not squeamish or scared of insects (apart from mosquitoes which seem to love biting me - I will bring ALOT of bug spray!)
- I am a native English speaker a could teach you/your children some of the language
What I am looking for:
- To learn about you and the local culture and community
- To pick up some Spanish language skills if possible
- To have at least one free day per week (flexible on days and understand that some days there may be more work than on others!)
- Ideally I would like there to be other volunteers to keep me company :-)
Please get in touch if you think we could be a good fit.