Camille Ilusorio, 22
from United States
Email: click here
Present Country: United States
Join Date: March 30, 2013
Last Updated: February 9, 2018
Last Signed In: February 10, 2018
It wasn't my initial plan to have someone while I'm traveling, but it doesn't hurt to have one! I'm going to be in Europe, mainly in the UK until mid July. Dates are TBD, but if you happen to be in the same country or city as me, feel free to contact me!
I wanted to do more than visit the big cities, and I think with helpx, it will give me a different array of experiences. I first started helpx during my first trip to Europe in 2014, and I'm back to volunteer more this time around. I'm excited to be on this trip and the people I will meet on the way! I am planning to explore Europe until July 2016.
I am open to trying any volunteer type, but I do have more knowledge on hospitality and customer service oriented work. Back home in the US, I worked in a restaurant which allowed me to be efficient, flexible, and gain a greater understanding of guest satisfaction. I also had a job at the cinema which similarly, allowed me to learn how to get along with both the guests and my colleagues. I try my best to further my knowledge and I'm always willing to learn and grow both as a person and a helpx'er. I am familiar with gardening and outdoor jobs, but I would need some assistance in the beginning to help get me started. After that, I can work independently if needed. I think it's important to have a positive attitude towards life and work, and I try my best to do that when volunteering. Below I have listed a summary of the work I've done on helpx that I hope will provide a perspective on what I've done in the past.
Overall, I see myself as an optimistic, open minded individual who wants to see the world and take life day by day. Helpx has been nothing but a positive experience and I can only hope that I can continue it again this time around!
Helpx Experience (2014):
- Worked with horses [mucking out, grooming, feeding] & some field work
- Help prepared a dairy shop
- Volunteered at a hostel where I interacted with guests, prepared the rooms, and assigned cleaning duties (hoovering, sweeping, toilets/restrooms, kitchen work)
- Cafe/barista: volunteered at a cafe and tended to the guests
- Served/prepared food, cleaned up the shop, made drinks/coffee, opened/closed the cafe
- Gained experience in regards to kitchen work and preparation
- Volunteered at a b&b/ outdoor recreational center
- Work included: preparing breakfast and dinner, laundry, preparing the beds in and outside the house, pool cleaning, assisting the hosts in activities with the guests, helping the children with schoolwork, etc.
I will definitely put my best foot forward and work with both determination and enthusiasm. Overall, I like to see myself as a laid back person who can easily get along with people.