Nick Humphries, 29
from United States
Email: click here
Present Country: United States
Join Date: January 21, 2014
Last Updated: November 3, 2017
Last Signed In: November 3, 2017
Looking to travel summer 2018 (May through August) around US, preferably west coast. See profile for more personal details. Currently in Arizona.
TBD (Summer 2018)
Updated: 2 November, 2017
Availability: Summer 2018 (May through August)
--- Bio and background ---
If I only have one paragraph to describe myself it would be pretty close to the following: A curious human obsessed with technology, design, photography, culture, travel, and the outdoors. Seeker of creative, explorative, and meaningful pursuits.
Those last three things are extremely important to me. I crave to be creative, to explore, and to perform and produce meaningful work.
As an aspiring documentary photographer/filmmaker and writer interested in social and environmental topics, my aim is to discover, document and share inspiring moments, stories and ideas.
I am curious about the world and want to make use of my talents, passions, and ambitions to hopefully create a positive impact—whatever the depth.
--- Education and work ---
- Currently majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Photojournalism & Documentary Studies at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ
- Was recently involved in a conservation corps program (Southwest Conservation Corps) for three months doing a variety of trail work and other conservation assignments around southern Arizona
- Also recently traveled around the US for two years as a Corps Member with AmeriCorps NCCC* (and later FEMA Corps) assisting with disaster response and recovery activities and other community service projects
(* AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is one of three AmeriCorps programs that engages 18-to 24-year-olds in team-based national and community service in the United States. Focus areas of the program include disaster response, infrastructure improvement, environmental stewardship and conservation, energy conservation, and urban and rural development.)
Extended bio**: http://nickhumphries.com/bio
Photography work**: http://nickhumphries.photography
(** working to update at some point)
--- Other facts ---
- a whole foods, plant-based vegan
- not religious, though I have Jewish ancestry, I embrace a more secular humanist and zen buddhist stance
- have democratic socialist (social liberal) views
- an advocate of minimalism and simple living
--- Skills ---
(see also LinkedIn profile: http://linkedin.com/in/nickhumphries)
o Technology: computers (incl. Mac), office technology, consumer electronics (e.g. mobile devices [Android, iOS, BlackBerry], GPS, other gadgets), outdoor gear, advising/support
o Web: social media, blogging, web content curation, website management, content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Tumblr), HTML/CSS, research
o Writing: blogging, editing
o Digital photography/videography (incl. documentary, macro, product, landscape, portrait, creative, travel, nature, wildlife): capture, editing, management
o Design (incl. publication [brochures, business cards, flyers], web, product): design advising, usability/design feedback
o Other/specialized: logistics, labor (building construction/deconstruction [incl. mucking/gutting], trail work), disaster response/recovery, conservation, outdoor recreation (incl. hiking, biking)