Kelly van Diest, 30
Email: click here
Present Country: Netherlands
Join Date: February 16, 2014
Last Updated: March 22, 2018
Last Signed In: March 22, 2018
I'm always interested in traveling together for a while, don't hesitate to send me a message to see if we can meet up somewhere!
Will be traveing the world again from August 2018!
My name is Kelly, I'm 30 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I work as a deputy director and as a behaviour specialist in a primary school. I like spending my free time reading, cooking/baking, being outdoors horseback riding, doing photography or hiking. In 2017 I decided to give up one day of paid work to become more active in voluntary work, so now I work on a organic farm with mentally disabled people and I'm coaching a young refugee in her integration proces.
Since I work in the educational field, I have a lot of holidays and during these holidays I love to visit other countries. As my homeland is completely flat, I LOVE mountains!
After traveling solo through Thailand in summer 2013, I decided to visit the country on top of my wishlist in 2014: Canada. I had my first experiences with HelpX there and they made my trip even more memorable! In 2016 I traveled through South East Asia and New Zealand for 7 months and did some HelpX here and there.
What I like most about traveling in combination with HelpX is really connecting with it's residents: experience their culture, their daily life and find out what it's like to live there. Offering my skills in exchange for a place to sleep seems the perfect way to get to know people from a country better.
The kind of work expected from me is of less importance to me because in a family/group you just do what needs to be done and I'm always glad to help where I can.
However, I do have some skills/expertise I would like to clarify:
* I love animals and I've been riding horses since I was 10. I've got some experience working with cows, sheep, pigs and poultry. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and have been doing some light repair works on fences etc. No skills yet with large agricultural machinery, eager to learn though.
* I'm good with children of all ages and I don't mind taking care of them.
* I love to cook/bake and always happy to help with daily meals. I eat vegetarian, but don't mind other people eating fish/meat.
* I'm very tidy so household tasks are no problem.
* I can do small chores in/around the house like painting.
Most of all I'm enthusiastic, independent and willing to learn, so other tasks should not be a problem!