Marijn Akveld, 21
Email: click here
Present Country: Netherlands
Join Date: January 9, 2015
Last Updated: September 23, 2017
Last Signed In: September 23, 2017
I'm Marijn from The Netherlands, a 22-year old student living in Utrecht. I'm going to Australia on may 1st and i'm hoping to do some volunteer work in Queensland around Brisbane. If you want a travel companion let me know!
I'm outdoorsy, love books and I am a BIG animal lover, fan of hiking and running and just nature all together.
My name is Marijn and 'm planning on going to Australia this may. I would like to do some volunteer work from the 7th of May until the end of June. I'll first go to Sydney, then travel up to Brisbane. I will be available for volunteer work around Brisbane.
Something about me: I am a 22-year old female student from Utrecht, the Netherlands. I am currently studying my bachelor of laws and I will graduate this April in 2015. Some of my hobbies include: reading books, listening to music (big jazz fan!), socializing and getting to know other people's cultures and as such I consider myself quite open-minded. I am also a big animal lover, thrive at best when living in nature and traveling is one of my favorite hobbies.
A list of skills and experiences:
- I consider myself quite a good cook. I am a pescetarian which means I don't eat meat but I do eat fish. I however have no trouble in preparing others peoples meals where there is meat involved. I am a big fan of the cookbook series "The Green Kitchen" and Ottolenghi's cookbook "Plenty"
- I have a couple of years experience in elderly care and assisted living. I also have work experience with dementia care.
- I am a very thorough and good cleaner. I learned this from my work experience in elderly care as well.
- I can do basic repair work such as basic sewing and knitting.
- I consider myself quite the organizer. I am a person who believes in structure and organizing. Therefore I love to clean, sort clutter and create order wherever needed. (Some friends have called me the real life version of Monica of the TV show Friends ;) )
- I do know how to ride a horse however it has been a long time since I did it. I rode horses when I was a child for three years and then a year when I was 18. So I am capable however I would not do any experienced riding because I don't think I have the capability for it.
- Overall I am a very hard worker. My view on life is one which has a positive attitude. I believe in working hard and not complaining about it. My work ethics is a strong one and I am not frightened to get my hands dirty. I have a good stamina as well, I sport 4 times a week and run half marathons. But overall I would describe myself as someone who is very open minded, a hard worker and who has a soft spot for all animals and the joy of being in nature.
What I would like to do:
I'm looking for a place where I can learn some set of skills particularly farming skills. I would love to stay at a ranch or a organic farm and do some work there.
I would like to stay at a place where I'm welcomed in the family and where there are meals shared together. I am very sociable and would love to get to know your family :)
If this appeals to you, send me a message and maybe I can help you out with work :)
PS: The first picture is a general picture of just me and the second one is when I'm trying to ride a bicycle in the muddy rural wetland area of Laos :) Just to give you some idea of who I am