Sebastien Chion, 36
Present Country: Spain
Join Date: November 30, 2011
Last Updated: October 15, 2017
Last Log In: October 24, 2017
Next Destination(s): Looking for opportunities in Spain
Born in France, lived 10 years in Montreal, travel a few months in the states and one year in Australia. I lived 10 months in Guatemala and I've been traveling a bit everywhere. I love being on the road, stopping for a while, and hitting the road again :) Back in Europe for the last few months. Still on the road. No deadline, no destination. Just following the wind!
Always positive, smiling and with a "can do attitude". Also always interest to learn new skills. Love to meet people, to exchange, to talk, to share. Don't smoke. Love taking my time, enjoying life, meditation, relaxation... and so much more!
I love cooking. I mean. I REALLY love cooking. For 2. For 5. For 8. For 10. Simple food or fancy 5 meals diner. I enjoy being in a kitchen.
I'm organized and clean and can take care of household duties.
Inside a house:
I'm used to do all kind of jobs, as I helped family, friends and helpx host in a lot of different projects (painting, electricity, wood working, floor, concrete...). Good manual skills and practical mind.
Same thing here: I do have all kind of different basic skills... gardening, mowing, grass planting, hole digging... don't mind sweating.
I'm a graphic designer with more than nine years of experience. So website, poster, magazine, flyers... they don't have much secret for me. And yes, I've my computer and all the useful software with me, so that's definitely something I can help with!
Love meeting, exchange, sharing with others. Smiling. I love telling story; I had a storyteller formation back in Montreal, and really enjoy that.
Some professional customer service experiences to. Playing the flute. Playing the didgeridoo. Smiling.
My parents used to have some chicken. I spent a few weeks with friends who had horses. I have some riding experience, love horses, and know how to take care of them (basic stuff) and clean the stables. I've been taking care of kangaroos for two weeks while in Coober Pedy.
Semi professional photographer, professional graphic designer and writer... I love taking pictures of everything.
Oh! and a very important one: I do brew home beer :)
Would love to learn:
Plumbing and any new interesting/original new skills.
Would love to practice:
House renovation, wood work, concreting
Music, free diving, diving (padi open water), fire spinning, dancing, roller blade... love traveling (obviously!)
I love to call me "opportunivor". Meaning: I eat anything, adapt myself to vegetarian or vegan diet if needed. I prefer to avoid eating to much meat, but don't worry, I'll adapt to your own diet :)
Few officials helpx experience:
- december 2011, one week, with Bob and Catherine, in Mornington Peninsulae. Daily help, landscaping, cleaning, cooking, etc...
- january 2012, one week, with Sarah, Cradle Mountain. Gardening and fencing.
- january and february 2012, 6 weeks, with Bernd, Hobart. Digging, concreting, helping to build a cubby house. Couple of delivery job.
- march 2012, 3 weeks with Megan and Tao in Melbourne. House keeping, cooking, some land working.
- may 2012, 2 weeks at Josephine Kangaroos Orphanage, in Coober Pedy, taking care of kangaroos. Helping to feed them, doing some fencing job, cleaning the roo yard.
- june 2012, 1 week in an Aboriginal Center in Katherine, doing some gardening, cleaning and cooking.
- september 2015 : 3 weeks in a hostel in Tulum (Mexico)
- january 2016 : one month in a hostel by lago atitlan (Guatemala)
Lot of unofficial experience ("seb, can you give me a hand tomorrow to ..."). I spent june/july/august helping my parent renovating the house (isolation, wall, plaster board, painting, building, improvising...)