All Year: No
Area (ha): 1.2
Host ID: 12563
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 22, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: Next available
END OF JULY 2015!
Available for any amount of time between 25th July 2015 and 1st of September 2015. No minimum stay requirements, come and have some fun for a few days (or more) and enjoy some of the best views of the south of Spain.
In return for 4-6 hrs per day (between breakfast and lunch, for example), 5 days per week, we are offering:
- Accommodation: It is pretty basic - Tent/shared accommodation (the main property is dry and clear inside, just not tiled, plastered, but can be used too) - on the positive side, there is running hot water for showers, washing machine, and a fully equiped kitchen area!
- 3 meals per day (can cater for just about any dietary requirements - vegetarian, vegan, meat lovers!)
- Afternoons and two days free each week
- Collection/Drop off from Malaga Airport/Train/Coach station
- Practice of Spanish and/or English (fluent in both) - also speak some French
- 1.5km from the main village of Torrox (typical white Andalusian village)
- 10 min car journey from the beach (I can offer lifts up and down during free time)
- Beautiful views of the mediterranean, Sierra Nevada mountains, and even the mountains of Africa if the conditions are right
- An internet connection. This is not fast, but usable!
Where to start? Twelve years ago, we bought a plot of land in the beautiful area of Torrox, 40km east of Malaga, on the Costa del Sol. We are in the process of trying to build a house, with associated 'gardening' works. We started it all those years ago now, and what with time/money restraints it has been a stop/start project. On the finca there is a small 'workers' building, which has a shower/toilet (new), a bedroom and fully equipped kitchen area. The main property has the structure completed, i.e. concrete pillars, main floor structures, external walls, and a roof. We need help with getting the external area completed, so are looking for:
- General building labourers
- Rendering - does not have to be perfect! ;)
- Fencing - nothing complicated
- Concrete mixing - no experience required!
- Block/brick laying
- Leveling of earth/rocks/debris
- Painting - both metal and rendered walls
- Other assorted jobs
- As the project progresses other jobs will come up...
I am easygoing and flexible, always up for a laugh. Whilst there is some heavyish jobs, there are plenty of lighter jobs, and it is a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Thanks for looking!