All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 4
Persons: Up to 3
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 13500
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 12, 2018
* We are an Exchange (Wwoofing) opportunity only.
* We CANNOT help with 2nd Year Visa sorry.
We are on 13 acres in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, 1 hour north of Brisbane, where we grow the best tasting blueberries in Australia :)
We are 10km from Beerwah train station, easy access to many places on the coast such as Noosa, Mooloolaba and Caloundra, plus hinterland icons such as Maleny and Montville.
Activities during your stay with us may include:
* Weeding the blueberry rows,
* Mulching the blueberry rows,
* Picking berries in Season (Oct - Feb)
Staying with us will also include helping out with the daily chores such as:
* Feeding and tending the goats and chickens
* Collecting eggs of course :)
* Light housework (everyone helps)
* Light gardening
We are looking for helpers who are interested in learning about biodynamic farming activities and how we grow blueberries in a sub tropical environment.
We also rescue and grow Australian stingless bees, who help to pollinate our blueberries. We hold regular workshops for the public to learn about the importance of bees.
We provide great accommodation and meals in return for 4 hours work per day (some days more, some less depending on the weather).
We'd love for our helpers to be positive and happy to pitch in and help out.
There are loads of things to enjoy while you are here including:
* swimming in the in ground pool
* enjoy walks along the river and beyond
* unlimited wifi
We look forward to hearing from you.
Helen & Dean Bryant