All Year: Yes
Host ID: 17053
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 14, 2014
Please note, our host is unavailable until June. Thank you!
Please note, we can offer ONLY SHORT-TERM staying (max. 5-7 days). Thanks for understanding.
We are an open minded family couple (28), living high in the Carpathian mountains.
Our host is located in the village Dzembronya, at the altitude 1020 meters above the sea level.
Dzembronya is one of the most beautiful and calm villages in the Ukrainian Carpathians.
This season we need your help with:
1. Digging (male work)
2. Building stuff (mostly working with wood)
3. Picking up mushrooms/berries/plants (female work)
4. Cooking/preserving for winter
5. Finding/chopping woods for winter (using a chainsaw and an ax)
6. Making signs to mark the road to our house
7. Any other work that may occur
Except working you'll be able to do anything you want: hiking, rafting, horse riding, fishing (if you know how to catch the trout), etc. Or just sitting on the bench, drinking fresh milk, looking at the mountains and meditate. It's only up to you :)
Inside the house 2 persons can sleep on the mattress (sheets/towels provided), and max. 4 persons on the floor (mats/sleeping bags provided).
If you travel with a tent you can freely put it somewhere near our house.
Please note, we live in a very small mountain village. There is neither nightlife nor other city activities here.
We don't have standard electricity. We have water from the bucket and WC outside. When you are already in Dzembronya you need to hike to our house for 40-60 minutes.
If you are not afraid of all of the above - we'll be happy to host you and your help will be really appreciated!
See you in amazing Carpathians!
HOW TO GET TO US
1. Take a bus Ivano-Frankivsk -> Verkhovyna (trip takes ~3 hours, ticket costs ~$4).
2. Leave this bus in the village Iltsi (turn to Dzembronya).
3. Try to hitchhike from Iltsi to our village Dzembronya (~12 km). There are also buses here at 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00. But they are almost always totally full. So, hitchhiking is better.
4. Leave the bus or the car (in case of hitchhiking) in the beginning of our village, near the sign Dzembronya (shown on the 3rd picture). You can also tell the driver to stop in "Nyzhnya Dzembronya" and that you need to get "na ploschi".
5. The road to our house starts just near this sign. Hike this main road always up, don't turn to the trails, it's possible to drive this road by car all the way. After 40-60 minutes you reach our house with a green roof.