All Year: Yes
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 18579
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 24, 2018
We are a hard working couple running the farm since 2000 with our 15 year old boy.Although invested for a conventional dairy farm we now are trying to evolve into an ecological farm,by using more permacultural principles.
We think we have great ideas to restore and establish sustainability in economy,ecology and social aspects around us.
We believe that world peace is possible with people immigrating from the cities to the rural areas.
Our 3 main values are
Our farm is only 90km to Istanbul and very easy to reach by bus from Esenler Bus station.
If you are willing to join in with us pls. make sure that you agree with below:
- you can only volunteer for at least a min of 21 full days and above-not less.
- there is internet access at the office for you min. 1 hr a day
We have apartment one bedroom/kitchen/living room with a bathroom inside-and single rooms bed/bathroom format.
- Dinners:2-3 days a week I cook;4 days a week you cook at the guesthouse kitchen.(all ingrediens provided by me of course)
- Lunch there is a catering service coming in for all of us
- Breakfast at the guesthouse with the team or at the guest house with other volunteers
-one day off
-lots of fresh milk,yoghurt and eggs
Please consider that we have a very hard and dirty job.The nature of the business is not allowing us to work less then 10hrs a day but the volunteers are expected to work max 8 hrs.
The jobs we have are;
milk bottle filling,
combing and caring for the cows
chicken care and egg collection
some garden related work and
natural building practices with cob/straw pls see link if interested further on natural buildings