All Year: ?
Area (ha): 0.12
Persons: 2 or maybe 3
Host ID: 22031
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 15, 2020
We would like to host TWO helpers traveling together for 1-3 weeks. All of March and early april is available for an exchange.
We are Caro (37) and Ed (44), a couple living with our child, Mo (6), our handsome cat Captain Springs and our friendly chicken Heihei Ferichito.
Our home is in beautiful Careys Bay. 15-minute drive to Central Dunedin. A short walk to Port Chalmers, a lively seaside village with a great library, attractive shops, cafes/restaurants and cosy pubs with regular live music. Out the windows we see Otago harbour and the Peninsula. The Historic Careys Bay Pub is a 5-minute walk around the bay. 10-min drive to Aramoana, the mouth of the harbour, with a surf beach, cliffs, and a historic spit with fur seals and other wildlife. The beaches over the hills behind us toward Waitati are absolutely magnificent. Our house is warm and cosy. We go into Dunedin frequently if you need a ride into the city and there is also a regular bus service :-)
Things we may ask for help with:
- house-sitting and pet-care (chook-feeding etc.)
- supervising/entertaining Mo for short periods (max. a few hours) if needed
- weeding, gardening and helping set up vegetable garden - maybe landscaping too
- home renovation and building/maintenance projects (depending on timing and helpers' skills/experience)
We choose helpers who sound friendly and fun! So please describe a bit about yourself so we can tell if you would fit in with our personalities :-) Please tell us about your music tastes and whether you play an instrument. We always like to know this and we love having musicians to stay :-) We are into art, music, good television shows, food. Dunedin is an awesome place for the arts.
See our profile info and additional references on couchsurfing via our website link above. We really love sharing our home with travellers and making friends over meals, drinks, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: When you contact us, please describe specifically how you fit what we are looking for. We may not reply to generic copy+paste requests. COMPLETE your helpx profile before you contact us. Please don't just say "this is my first helpx" - that's not helpful! Please include a link to your couchsurfing profile/facebook/blog/website if you have one.
Helpers should have some or all of these qualities:
- able to cook meals for everyone to share
- happy to help with little jobs like washing dishes, vacuuming etc if needed
- happy to supervise and play alongside our child
- over 25 - we enjoy meeting people closer to our ages
- happy to get up out of bed before 9am most days - Y.O.L.O!
- accommodation for 2 people - a comfortable queen-size bed in a private room.
- food: We provide most food, and are grateful for helpers who contribute some food. It feels good to share in both directions.
- We eat mostly vegan food, but we are not strictly vegan or vegetarian. We don't have meat in the house. We are also plastic-free as much as possible.
- free unlimited wifi internet
- great company and good times ;-)
We are family-friendly, queer-friendly, anti-racism, socially progressive, and Eco-friendly :-)
Work hours vary but you can expect to work 4 hours maximum per day, for 4 days maximum per week.
If you are a smoker, please tell us how frequently you smoke, so we know what to expect :-)